Scumm for Droid

M

Matth3w

There was a game I wouldn't mind playing...I forget what it was called. Webpage based only...something with the word kingdom maybe? You have to say how many farms you want to build, how many troops to train etc...and it takes X hours to actually do, it's not instant...have to build alliances and whatnot...anyone know that?
Anyone know what I'm talkin about here?

OP
osyrus42

osyrus42

Reaction score
Haha, 286 PCs. My first computer with a modem was a Tandy 1000. No Hard Drive, 256k RAM. I remember my dad paying 400 bucks for an extra 256k so I could play Space Quest III. All I got that christmas was that 256k, lol. Amazing when ya think about it. My Droid is about 1000x more powerful than my first real computer which was about 1000x bigger. And I'm not that old :p

jdx

Reaction score
Great news. I was looking for this app on the market and saw only the plugins.I think, zak mackracken was one of the first PC adventures i ever played. Good old days... I still have scummvm on my G1, but playing on the droid would really be nice.

Q

qoncept

Yeah, back on topic Scumm would be great. I never did play Maniac Mansion. And I'd like to play through the Monkey Island games again.

M

Matth3w

Yeah, back on topic Scumm would be great. I never did play Maniac Mansion. And I'd like to play through the Monkey Island games again.
Did you play the newest MI that was available for download by chapter?

OP
osyrus42

osyrus42

Reaction score
Did you play the newest MI that was available for download by chapter?

I never did, but didn't they win a bunch of awards for that series? Heard it was great. GameTap should get on this. I'd pay 5-10 bucks a month for an android app that lets me play even half the games available on GameTap. Oh, and if you've never used http://www.gametap.com you should check it out. They add more killer older games everyday.

OP
osyrus42

osyrus42

Reaction score
Some games you download and it saves as normal, some games play "streaming" I guess you would call it, and save games get saved to your account. Works either way. It's pretty cool software actually. Like a MegaEmulator

M

Matth3w

This is awesome. When I travel, I can play old games on my laptop. It's a pretty beefy laptop (DC 2.4gHz, 4GB RAM, 512MB Video, etc) but still don't like to play a lot of games on there because I like to max all my settings out. I get spoiled by my desktop.

M

Matth3w

It's one game broken into chapters. Typical Monkey Island type game otherwise. I only played the first chapter, but I have all of them on my computer.