Scrolling is slow

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings, about phone, status, signal strengh. Right now I am -115 which is very bad.

-104 for me.

The house I rent is a signal black hole. I never get a good signal in here. Surprisingly I am able to make phone calls from in the house when my other phones were not able to - even my wifes IPhone 4 cannot.

I hope my 4g is not running at the same time as my WiFi...

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it takes much more effort on this phone. I can see from what you're doing and I can do it also. However on the OG and Bionic it didn't take that much effort.

However you showed me an ultra cool feature! I didn't know I could switch between apps like that - totally cool!

i think the scrolling and switching between apps is pretty fast. I shot a quick video with my wifes iphone..

[video=youtube;xk02vbu3FwU]http://youtu.be/xk02vbu3FwU[/video]

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I get what you're saying about the old droid, this screen is far more precise. I think because they've done a better job with precision you really have to put some power when scrolling otherwise it doesn't register the same.

MrKleen

Reaction score
-104 for me.

The house I rent is a signal black hole. I never get a good signal in here. Surprisingly I am able to make phone calls from in the house when my other phones were not able to - even my wifes IPhone 4 cannot.

I hope my 4g is not running at the same time as my WiFi...

That is a little better than me at the moment, but you are not far from losing signal.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Settings, about phone, status, signal strengh. Right now I am -115 which is very bad.

with the GN at home i have been ranging from -93 to -83 pretty consistently. Where with my previous phone (rezound) it would be would be in the high to middle -70's so the GN is noticeably worse for me too.. but I am pretty sure software can improve recieved signal strength..

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I never have Data drops not even with the Bionic. I think it's where you live. I don't drop calls and never go to 3g.

However since I live in a signal proof house it does strain the battery to maintain a 4g signal connection.

I wonder if I go outside what my signal will be... just a sec.

So inside it's about 107 outside it can be between 90 and 99.

My neighbors have IPhones and got the network extender to improve signal in this area.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I prefer a looser scroll... it's just easier to use.

For example on the Bionic I could scroll to any name in a second and stop it. This takes more calories...;)

I get what you're saying about the old droid, this screen is far more precise. I think because they've done a better job with precision you really have to put some power when scrolling otherwise it doesn't register the same.

Isaiah

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as SSHGuru the scroll is slow as *insert four letter word that I'm not aloud to post: here*. Though, I might just be spoiled from CM7, its definitely not lag, its a reduced scroll / movement ratio.

Can't wait for CM9