screen wont light up, still works. and transfer help!

sacramentx

Reaction score
I dropped my first DROID, that ive had since it was released and the screen stopped working. The phone is still powered on and when I touch the screen to unlock it still works,, with tactile feedback. But the backlight to the screen and 4 home buttons will not light. I ordered a new phone already, but I am going to disassemble this to see if it was just the wire that came unplugged.

Anyone know how I can copy ALL of the info from my phone, including stuff saved internally?

OP
S

sacramentx

Reaction score
I dropped my first DROID, that ive had since it was released and the screen stopped working. The phone is still powered on and when I touch the screen to unlock it still works,, with tactile feedback. But the backlight to the screen and 4 home buttons will not light. I ordered a new phone already, but I am going to disassemble this to see if it was just the wire that came unplugged.

Anyone know how I can copy ALL of the info from my phone, including stuff saved internally?

exiledslayer

Reaction score
depends if you're rooted or not. if you ARE rooted,
Titanium backup. 'nuff said.
if you aren't rooted, i assume you don't have sprecovery.... so i believe you are out of luck :(

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
every app and all taht is tied to your google account.

you're going to lose all your text messages and anything else saved on the internal memory of your phone (such as high scores for games)

the rest will be on your SD card.

OP
S

sacramentx

Reaction score
isnt it possible to still root it without my screen working?

OP
S

sacramentx

Reaction score
Well I have a sms backup on my sd card, my contacts are saved in google. Im concerned about apps, and anything else I would want. Where can I find all the apps I downloaded? For instance I bought beautiful widgets but I cant find it in the market anymore, I wont be able to get it again :(

StephSte

Reaction score
You have a air flow problem did you change filter ?look at evap coil?and yes check for birds nest in flue pipe? theres a reason you call a tech before you start changing parts it could be a simple fix not an expensive one

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Technically, yes but if you can't see the screen it would be hard to back anything up.

Don't they want the phone back? Or did you pay full price for the new one?