Screen shuts off while in navigation...

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
is there a setting so my screen wont shut off while in google maps, or in navigation, cuz the screen either shuts off and then i have to unlock to look at, or it dims and becomes hard to see while in my car dock. is there a setting to stop both of these from occuring?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The screen shouldn't turn off during navigation if you're actually navigating. For maps, you'll need an app to keep the screen on though allegedly the screen will remain on if connected to a car charger (haven't tested this myself).

bamfsig45

Reaction score
screen does shut off while navigating, need to use a charger to keep the screen on.

Loyrl

Reaction score
I use keepscreen, it allows you to set which apps will keep the screen on while that app is open.

Anj

Reaction score
I use keepscreen, it allows you to set which apps will keep the screen on while that app is open.

Haven't tried keepscreen, but I personally use Screen On ... does the same thing as what Loryl described. Nice and simple and gets the job done ;)

td854

Reaction score
Odd... my screen does not shut off while navigating, I use it all the time, I don't have a car charger.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Odd... my screen does not shut off while navigating, I use it all the time, I don't have a car charger.
But are you using the car mount with the magnet? I still think the magnet is the key.

td854

Reaction score
Nope, sits on my dash, the odometer & speedometer area is recessed so I just place it there out of the way.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, sits on my dash, the odometer & speedometer area is recessed so I just place it there out of the way.

Ok my theory is shot to hell.
If I'm charging my phone the screen will eventually turn off. If it's in the car mount, then charging or not, it stays on.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've tried it without charging at the same time.

td854

Reaction score
Well I do manually go through car home manually for Nav. Not sure if that matters, maybe by going through car home it triggers something to keep the screen from turning off, versus going directly into maps. I do this cause the Voice Search, aka saying "Navigate to _____" in car home, almost never reads my voice wrong...