Screen Orientation

fking29

Reaction score
My phone will automatically change the screen orientation from portrait to landscape, but it will not switch back to portrait. Is this normal? Anyone know how to get it to switch back to portrait without exiting?

Thanks!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My phone will automatically change the screen orientation from portrait to landscape, but it will not switch back to portrait. Is this normal? Anyone know how to get it to switch back to portrait without exiting?

Thanks!

I assume that Orientation is checked in Menu > Settings > Sound & display settings? If so, (mine is too), I find I have to shake the phone a little to bring it back every once in a while. See if that helps.

ShowTime

Reaction score

Thanks!

Without exiting what? Are you having this problem within a certain app or just when looking at the homescreen?

OP
F

fking29

Reaction score
Thanks AnneDroid, but Orientation is checked in the settings menu. It seems to get stuck on landscape in everything, picture album, the market and the internet. Maybe it's a hardware issue.

Jolest

Reaction score
Thanks AnneDroid, but Orientation is checked in the settings menu. It seems to get stuck on landscape in everything, picture album, the market and the internet. Maybe it's a hardware issue.
Try tapping it gently on the top edge. That usually fixes my Eris when it gets distracted.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that in addition to the above, that it won't adjust display for portrait upside down or landscape with dedicated buttons on the left?