1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen flickers

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by AngeloScuro, Sep 18, 2010.

1. AngeloScuro

AngeloScuro New Member

When I slide my phone open or closed or text with the real keyboard (phone open) the screen brighness will flicker from light to dark. I have checked and auto brightness isn't on, I have tried restarting and doing a battery pull. The phone is rooted but it has been rooted for a while before this started to happen. Anyone else have this problem?
  2. jerdylema

jerdylema New Member

Mine just started doing the same thing its getting bad, have you found a solution to the problem.
  3. AngeloScuro

AngeloScuro New Member

No I haven't I just dealt with it but now my screen is starting to black out and wont turn back on even after numerous battery pulls, a factory reset and unrooting via original SBF flash so I am bring it to verizon tomorrow to see if they will replace it.
  4. jerdylema

jerdylema New Member

I called verizon Sunday should have my new droid tomorrow, hope this doesn't happen again
  5. kmifflin0202

kmifflin0202 New Member

Hi all new here but couldn't help but reply on this one. I got my Droid2 in August then in Sept. the screen started to flicker brightness here and there. Oct. it started to get really bad. Called Verizon Friday and just got a replacement today. The only thing they tried to trouble shoot over the phone was that there is a light sensor on top and some cases may affect the sensor. Mine it did it with or without a case. Hope this (certified like new) phone will work without the flicker issues now :)
  6. ILikeWaffles

ILikeWaffles New Member

I had the same thing happen. Screen was going crazy not just brightness. It was going all crazy like a TV set with no signal. It was also rebooting randomly. Should be getting my new D2 tomorrow.
Search tags for this page
cell phone flickering screen

cell phone screen flickering

cell phone screen flickers

droid 4 screen flickering when slid open
droid razr maxx screen keeps going black trying to text

fix flickering cell phone screen

flickering screen on cell phone
flickering screen on cell phones
my cell phone screen is flickering
my cell phone screen is flickering occasionally
screen blink cell phone meaning