Solitaire flicker

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
The solitaire game in my Droid is an amazing accomplishment of ease use but while I play, the backlight flickers. Maybe this is a common problem and I don't stare at the screen much at other times so I just notice it during solitaire games. Has anyone else noticed the screen flickering?

nerdherd

Reaction score
Could it be the automatic backlight adjustment on the phone? I've noticed when I have the backlight set to automatic the phone changes brightness too fast for my liking. When you move your hand near the sensor at the top of the phone it changes. I much prefer to leave it set at one level and then change it when I need. Try setting the screen brightness manually and see if it still happens.

OP
C

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
That may be it. I just just turned off automatic brightness and it didn't flicker at all through a whole game. Then again, I turned it back on and it didn't flicker here in my bright office, either. I'll try again tonight in the variable light at home.

Silver Member
Reaction score
keep your hand away from the area of the screen nearest the speaker too. that's where the sensor.

Silver Member
Reaction score
O/T but when i see your name, i think Craig T. Nelson.