Screen capture

wessiide

Reaction score
I'm running the froyo leak for the fascinate and was in the web browser when I hit the side button to lock the phone and it made a camera sounds and took a screen capture. Now I can't get it to repeat no matter how I click the button.can any one help me out with how I did this?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
W

wessiide

Reaction score
Thanks I didn't realize I was holding the back button I guess!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

meems

Reaction score
Does this screenshot capture only work if running Froyo?

meems

Reaction score
Okay, I hope Froyo really comes out tomorrow then. Would be nice to be able to do screenshots w/o an app.

mattwash4

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repost but from messing around I think you can take a screen shot by holding back key then hitting the home key. No drocap or anything needed. Figured I'd share.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

jimmerz

Reaction score
Yes. However I have experienced issues when trying to screen cap using a web browser. When I press and hold the back key then hit the home key the browser will go back before I can get a pic. Or attempt to close bringing up the box to confirm closing so I end up with a picture of that box.

if anyone understands what I am trying to say and has a solution, please let me know.

Thanks.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I tried this and have not had any luck. =\

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Have any tips? I did the OTA GB update. Its not working. Lol

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repost but from messing around I think you can take a screen shot by holding back key then hitting the home key. No drocap or anything needed. Figured I'd share.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

You have no idea how happy you telling me this has made me. This makes things awesome.

Sent from my droid charge

droid234

Reaction score
Yes. However I have experienced issues when trying to screen cap using a web browser. When I press and hold the back key then hit the home key the browser will go back before I can get a pic. Or attempt to close bringing up the box to confirm closing so I end up with a picture of that box.

if anyone understands what I am trying to say and has a solution, please let me know.

Thanks.

Dolphin Browser HD has the screen capture add-on. It can capture specified region as well.

Last edited:

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Have any tips? I did the OTA GB update. Its not working. Lol

It might just be a Droid Charge thing. I assume youre talking about the DX.

Ya... I don't think the DC does it. It would have been nice if people would list what phone they are using. =\