Screen cap not working

Calla969

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get the screen capture feature to work yet. When I hold the menu button and press volume down, nothing happens. When I release the keys, the menu pops up. Am I doing something wrong or can it be fixed?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
C

Calla969

Reaction score
Anyone?

Am I the only one?

Reaction score
20101231_184718.jpg

Working fine for me.

bots

Reaction score
Works fine for me too. Saves picture to /sdcard/miui/ Do you hear the camera shutter sound when you hit the buttons?

OP
C

Calla969

Reaction score
No sounds. The menu just pops up after I release the buttons. O wiped everything before installing. Is there any way to install this feature separately?

Mev0

Reaction score
Press and hold down the menu button first. Make sure to keep it held down. While its still held down, press the volume down button and it should make a shutter noise.

If you aren't holding the menu button down long enough, the menu will just pop up.

OP
C

Calla969

Reaction score
That's what I'm doing. No matter how long I hold the menu button down, once I release the menu and volume down buttons, the menu pops up. No shutter sound.

Reaction score
My menu also pops up and mine doesn't make the shutter sound, but it still takes the screen shot and saves the spots in sd card/MIUI/

Last edited:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look and see if the shots are in the MIUI gallery, basically what Mr. Orange 645 said, because the 3D gallery really isn't all that stable I guess you could say. Sometimes I have to reboot in order for the pics I save or screenshots I take to appear. But I've noticed they appear instantly in the MIUI gallery

OP
C

Calla969

Reaction score
Nothing in the miui gallery. 12.24.1

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that's really weird. I don't understand why it wouldn't be working. Did you wipe prior to 12.24? Sorry if that has been asked.

Reaction score
12.31 should be out soon anyway. Just wait and flash that and see I'd that fixes it.

OP
C

Calla969

Reaction score
I wiped everything. I'll wait for the next release. Not Really a big deal, just don’t like it when stuff won't work.