sceeen timeout

new2droid7

Reaction score
My screen tends ro timeout at 15 seconds even though I have it set at 10 min. I tried the keep screen app and it still goes back to 15 seconds.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Under settiongs - my device - toward the bottom, "smart screen" is smart stay on?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Instead of having a standby time of that long, why not try an app called Screebl. I use it and my screen TO is set to the lowest, but when I'm using it that's where Screebl kicks in and won't turn the screen off as long as the phone is within the range. You can use it when you need it without having the screen turn off on you, but it'll turn off quicker when you lay it down, saving battery.

I don't use Smart Stay because I don't find it to work as well, especially in the dark where the sensor can't make out a face.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Instead of having a standby time of that long, why not try an app called Screebl. I use it and my screen TO is set to the lowest, but when I'm using it that's where Screebl kicks in and won't turn the screen off as long as the phone is within the range. You can use it when you need it without having the screen turn off on you, but it'll turn off quicker when you lay it down, saving battery.

+1 for Screebl. I've had it since the OG Droid days.