sbf fail

Siknik

Reaction score
tried to sbf my d2g tonight and it failed. can't get it to boot up now, except in bootloader what do i do? I'm basically a noob at all this. just rooted my phone and flashed a rom on it. then decided to sbf it, just so i would know i can do it if it needs to be done. now i don't think i should have. any help would be appreciated.

chrisl20

Reaction score
Where did u get the sbf? Exact spot? Whatv version of windows r u on? Which rsdlite? And drivers?...what's the error message that's displaying? Do you have usb 2.0 ports? Help us help you

OP
Siknik

Siknik

Reaction score
Where did u get the sbf? Exact spot? Whatv version of windows r u on? Which rsdlite? And drivers?...what's the error message that's displaying? Do you have usb 2.0 ports? Help us help you

got the sbf file for here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/112313-official-d2g-sbf-tbh.html

running window xp

rsd lite v4.8

if you mean Motorola drivers i have the latest i think

in the status its saying "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error checking the RAM Downloader. [0x709F]; phone connected"

i don't know if i have 2.0 ports or not, how do you tell?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score

got the sbf file for here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/112313-official-d2g-sbf-tbh.html

running window xp

rsd lite v4.8

if you mean Motorola drivers i have the latest i think

in the status its saying "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error checking the RAM Downloader. [0x709F]; phone connected"

i don't know if i have 2.0 ports or not, how do you tell?

You need rsdlite 4.9 to run the sbf on a D2G.
That may be.your issue.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

snowride20

Reaction score
The link I supplied above has links for everything needed including RSD4.9. Try using the .29 sbf file the run the ota to get .33 version on your phone. I followed these directions step by step with no problems. I have used the .33 sbf file but the phone seems to act up that's why I run the ota update.

OP
Siknik

Siknik

Reaction score
thanks for the help, problem is i have to get a external battery charger before i can do anything now. probably gonna get an extra battery too.

OP
Siknik

Siknik

Reaction score
The link I supplied above has links for everything needed including RSD4.9. Try using the .29 sbf file the run the ota to get .33 version on your phone. I followed these directions step by step with no problems. I have used the .33 sbf file but the phone seems to act up that's why I run the ota update.

thanks man, got spare battery charger, followed the link you gave me and my droid is alive again! thank you so much