Save Image?

breNTx22

Reaction score
So my Droid 1 is acting weird...It re-sent text messages I sent to people days ago, random shut downs, poor signal quality, audio jack problems, ect.

Verizon said to take it into a store and they'll troubleshoot it but I already know they're going to replace it.

My questions are...

A) Since I have to send it in and it's rooted (which voids the warranty), Is there anything I should do before I send it in? I plan to do the factory reset but I didn't know if that's enough.

B) Since i'll be getting a new droid is there anyway I can save this image? I want to avoid having to re download (and re buy) all my apps, reconfigure it, ect. I'd like to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Before you send in your rooted device it needs to be unrooted, which consists of more than a factory reset, and if you make a nandroid back-up on the phone you have now and then root your replacement phone you can restore your old image on your new device

OP
B

breNTx22

Reaction score
Before you send in your rooted device it needs to be unrooted, which consists of more than a factory reset, and if you make a nandroid back-up on the phone you have now and then root your replacement phone you can restore your old image on your new device

All the tutorials I see on how to do it say to boot into recovery mode and load "nandroid". The only options I see in recovery mode is...

"reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
wipe baseband data"

I don't see this option though? Can you point me to a walk through on this? I have FR22D.