1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Suddenly can't save contacts

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by RClaffJr, Sep 17, 2011.

1. RClaffJr

RClaffJr New Member

I have an HTC Incredible running 2.3.4 and all of a sudden I can't make or edit contacts. Well I can make the edits but when I save I get "Error, unable to save contact changes."

I presume I have a setting wrong but I couldn't say which. I did have a problem recently when the phone declared it was running out of storage (though it really wasn't) so I tried deleting Contacts which it promptly did. I was able to restore a set of contacts by re-syncing with Google's Gmail but ever since then I can't make any changes. I'm thinking the syncing and/or the Gmail may be preventing me from making further changes but I don't know how to get around this.

This is an important part of the phone's operation and I may have to ditch the phone if this can't be resolved. Any idea?

rob :)
  2. BryanC

BryanC New Member

I have the exact same issue. Recently flashed a new ROM and noticed I can't create contacts. I get the same error message. Did you find a solution yet?
  3. RClaffJr

RClaffJr New Member

Kinda sorta. I brought the phone to a Verizon tech shop. A guy said he reprogrammed and reset the phone and now it works properly. No idea *what* he did...
  4. BryanC

BryanC New Member

I figured it out. I went to menu>settings>manage applications> choose all, then select the "contacts storage" process. Do a force stop on it and it should be good.
    I also had to reselect my contacts viewing options after this. I only want to see my Google contacts but showed me all of them.

Hope this helps somebody.
  5. edavison22

edavison22 New Member

Thank you!

BryanC you seriously saved me from so much aggravation! I was about to throw my phone out the window and file a claim with the phones insurance. I literately registered to thank you. So yeah it definitely helped someone.
  6. mattmaw

mattmaw New Member

Thank you. This was very helpful.
  7. SamsungInfuseUser

SamsungInfuseUser New Member

Thank you BryanC!

Good Post! I had the same problem with my Samsung Infuse, but thanks to your post, I fixed it. Now I can save contacts!
  8. Mike Thompson

Mike Thompson New Member

I know that was an ancient post, but it's still helping people today. I looked everywhere. If the solution provider is even still alive, I salute you.
Search tags for this page
android can't save contacts
android cannot save new contacts
android unable to save contact

can't save contacts on android

can't save contacts on android
cannot save contact android
cannot save contacts android
cant save contacts android
database full cannot save contact

database is full cannot save contact

error unable to save contact changes