Samsung's Gear Fit Named 'Best Mobile Device' of Mobile World Congress 2014

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gear-fit-df-logo-small-version.png

It looks like Sammy is turning around their "mobile wearables" image. Despite the fact that the first Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch from last year wasn't very well received, their new Galaxy Fit has garnered the highest praise possible from Mobile World Congress this year. The Gear Fit won the MWC 2014 "Best Mobile Device" of the event.

The Fit had a great deal of company from Samsung devices in that category before it won. The Samsung Galaxy S5, the Galaxy Gear 2 and the Galaxy Gear 2 Neo were also nominated. The GSMA, which is the governing body of the trade show, handed out the award. Here's a spec and feature recap:

• Smartwatch functionality
  • Personal fitness tracking
  • 1.85-inch curved Super AMOLED display
  • A variety of fitness sensors: heart rate monitor, pedometer, and sleep tracker
  • Tizen-based OS
  • Battery life of 3-4 days
The Gear Fit is a pretty amazing device, so it's victory is not too surprising.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've been wanting a wearable device to track my sleep. But I've read several articles where a person wore 4 of the big name devices and all of them gave different results. I'm not going to waste my money on one that gives me a different result than the rest. No telling which is the right one.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This was a great choice in my humble opinion

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Hoping somebody comes out with a fitness tracker that's also accurate for cycling