Solved Samsung S6 Marshmallow Update Issue-Exchange Email 'unable to connect to server' to Change Password

thy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S6
Issue: Samsung S6 Marshmallow Update Issue-Exchange Email 'unable to connect to server' to Change Password.

This is happening on all our Samsung S6 devices since updating from Lollipop to Marshmallow v6.

Very frustrating as the only way around it, is to reset the user's password in Active Directory to the same password when it has expired!

This bring Outlook email down using SSL ticked via Microsoft Exchange setup.

Is anyone experiencing this problem when you want to change your password.

Thanks
Thy

OP
T

thy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S6
SOLVED!

I spent a few hours and figured it out myself - someone really needs to report this to Samsung!

The update for 'Android System Webview' causes this problem. To resolve just 'uninstall' to update in play store by selecting this installed update, and click on uninstall.

So with all companies, staff password will set to expire after say 2-3 months. This will cause problems when they try to change their password on their Marshmellowed S6.

By uninstalling the Android system Webview v49.0.2623.105 (grey cog with blue circle icon) back to how it was
No restart required after uninstalling.

All fixed!

Thanks
Thy

Last edited:

BCRandCo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Just signed up only to say how much I appreciate the above solution. I've been looking for days trying to get Microsoft Exchange working on my android again. I had problems on one phone so removed the account and then could no longer log in "cannot connect to server"...My second phone to which I had not made any changes was still working perfectly. Then I thought maybe changing the password at MS online would help. Funny thing was that after I had changed the password, I couldn't change the password on the 2nd phone, but the second phone could still connect, sync, make changes to the account for another 12 hours plus, even after a reboot. This morning it finally asked for the new password and then I was locked out there -until I found this. Looking forward to many more insights from your site.
Thanks.
Michael

96accord

Reaction score
SOLVED!

I spent a few hours and figured it out myself - someone really needs to report this to Samsung!

The update for 'Android System Webview' causes this problem. To resolve just 'uninstall' to update in play store by selecting this installed update, and click on uninstall.

So with all companies, staff password will set to expire after say 2-3 months. This will cause problems when they try to change their password on their Marshmellowed S6.

By uninstalling the Android system Webview v49.0.2623.105 (grey cog with blue circle icon) back to how it was
No restart required after uninstalling.

All fixed!

Thanks
Thy

I also logged in (it's been a while) to say thanks for the fix! It's been bugging the heck out of me the past few months. I did a factory reset on my phone about 4 months ago and that resolved it until today when my AD password expired.

Thanks again!