Samsung Reveals New Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Dual-Core & Honeycomb Sequel

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-tab-7.0-plus.jpg

Samsung has officially unveiled their follow-up to the original Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. This one is called the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, and is beefed up quite a bit. The device is now sporting a dual-core 1.2GHz Chip and Honeycomb. Here's a full feature-set:
  • 16GB and 32GB varieties
  • 1.2GHz dual-core CPU
  • Android 3.2 Honeycomb with TouchWiz UI
  • Seven-inch LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution.
  • Two megapixel front-facing camera,
  • Three megapixel camera in back that supports 720p video
  • 1GB of RAM
  • Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G with 21Mbps HSPA
  • Bluetooth 3.0 and GPS capabilities
  • WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n at both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, along with support for channel bonding and apt-X Codec for Bluetooth
There's no word on pricing yet. We do know that the tab will be available in Indonesia and Austria by the end of October, and rollout Internationally shortly after that. It's interesting that Samsung chose this route considering their new Galaxy Tab 7.7 isn't really that different. Oh well...

Source: GalaxyTabForums.net via Engadget

Immolate

Reaction score
With Amazon coming in at $200 and the Flyer 10.1 dropping to $299 on Saturday at Best Buy, I have serious reservations about how successful this tab will be if it comes in at a silly $350 to $400. By Christmas buying season, I expect the reality of tablet prices will have changed dramatically. It can't come too soon.

EDIT: My apologies... the Flyer dropping to $299 is the 7-inch variety, which is a single core 1.5 GZ model. I think the Sammy 7" with dual core 1.2 and Super AMOLED+ screen will easily command a premium over the HTC. It will also be lighter and sport Honeycomb from day 1 (assuming no ICS). My point is mostly invalid.

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Immolate, your point is valid. The majority of people don't read specs. They see a tablet and decide if they like it at sight, touch and pricing. A lot of people over at Amazon forums are confused at the Fire. Wondering why Amazon has a color eReader... They don't even realize what it does over the eReaders and realize it's a tablet.

But with what this new tablet can do over other tablets, and when peole see that, they will undertand the pricing and those who can afford it will get it.