Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Launches for $400 On November 13th

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 24, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

The new refresh of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus will hit store shelves on November 13h for $399.99. It has been confirmed for several retailers, including Best Buy, Amazon, and Tiger Direct. It's a bit on the pricey side, but actually has some beefy specs and some unique features that make it tempting anyway. Here's a recap:
    • Android Honeycomb
    • 7-inch display with a 1024 x 600-pixel resolution
    • 16GB of storage
    • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
    • Built-in infrared capabilities that will allow users to control their home theater and TV setup directly from the tablet
    That last feature seems like the most intriguing reason to consider it. Here's the press release.
    Source: GalaxyTabForums.net and GalaxyForums.net
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I like the IR capability. I need a new remote for my equipment as my current Harmony remote is on the fritz. The remote I want is $200 so I could see paying a little more and getting the tablet. Plus, the Dish Network app on Android is pretty handy too. I think I see a tablet in my future.
  3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Infra-red seems like a no-brainer for tablets. Brilliant move. Of course, I'd bet money that it won't work or be compatible with older hardware. Perhaps if you still have a working remote it will be able to "learn", but in my experience smart remotes never work quite right with my Denon receiver that's about 6 years old. Volume and power works, but not all the features do.

That feature in combination with a tv guide or DVR settings....something like Comcast's XFinity...could be a heck of a convenience. In fact, I think the XFinity app on my IPad can already control my tv (well, the cable/dvr more so than the tv itself).