Samsung Promises All Day Battery Life in 2012

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sammylogo1.jpeg

The days of juicing up a couple times a day just may be over if Samsung has it's way. Kevin Packingham, VP of Product Innovation at Samsung, says "When you wake up to when you go to bed, we don't want you feeling anxiety about your battery life." Thats quite a bold statement when the standard nowadays is screaming fast processors and screens packed into a very small space. Not to mention features, features and more features.

The South Korean company will achieve this by moving to larger batteries (obviously), ala Moto RAZR MAXX, and tinkering with how the device searches for Wi-Fi. Polling for LTE signal will also be optimized along with how often it powers up the LTE radio. As it stands now, LTE is a huge power draw which has caused owners of LTE handsets to pound their fists with displeasure.

The Charge was a good test bed for Samsung but they say "they can do better" and admit that they "weren't quite there yet" in regards to improvements on power efficiency.

Things just keep getting better and better in the smartphone industry. Imagine the day when battery life is a non-issue. Well that day just may be coming in 2012.

Source: Cnet

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Apple has started this trend of getting rid of removable batteries and all the room and hardware it takes to have a removable battery and use up all the space for a larger better battery that't cant be removed. You see it in the laptop line they have, they really do get great battery life for a laptop. Sounds like this is what they are doing in the MAXX and I think its a great step forward.

We really have no reason to have a removable battery.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's about time they make it a priority. This is great news!

bdtedder

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of this will be managed by software fixes... Does that mean the GN we just bought could benefit some from the new tweaks? I hope so!

R

RETG

I had all day battery life in my fascinate that I had for two days. It didn't work! Problem solved.