Samsung Planning to Kill Off Unofficial Accessories?

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's absolutely fantastic! I'm too stupid to take responsibility and research accessories myself. I need a big corporation like Samsung to tell me what products work well with my devices. Who cares if I have to pay five to ten times the price of non-"official" accessories? I simply cannot take the chance of wasting $5 (shipped) on a Chicom charger when I can pay $35 for an official Apple charger. I mean Samsung.

Freedom? Who in the 4311 needs that? GIVE ME SECURITY!!!!!

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
This is an attempt to be further "Apple-Like".
Perhaps a Samsung App store is in their future.:
It can't come soon enough - Google Play is a joke.
They prestack the worst apps up front on any search.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Synopsis of comments:
"I will never buy another Samsung product."
"Samsung will lose sales and this will hurt them."

It sure hurt Apple. Nobody has bought an Apple product because of controlled accessories. No wonder Apple's negative cash flow has them near bankruptcy.
If everybody who threatened to leave Verizon every time they take something away they would now be out of business. If Samsung does this they will likely have more money from less warranty repairs and more accessory sales than they lose in business.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Synopsis of comments:
"I will never buy another Samsung product."
"Samsung will lose sales and this will hurt them."

It sure hurt Apple. Nobody has bought an Apple product because of controlled accessories. No wonder Apple's negative cash flow has them near bankruptcy.
If everybody who threatened to leave Verizon every time they take something away they would now be out of business. If Samsung does this they will likely have more money from less warranty repairs and more accessory sales than they lose in business.

Here's the only problem, apple has pretty much always had a closed ecosystem. Even prior to the iPhone etc in the computer market. So their customers were used to this.

Samsung hasn't, it's an intrinsic change in their business strategy that could very easily affect their business.

I've never owned now will I ever own an apple product. I won't spend my money in it and I won't support them. I think ios 7 is really nice I played with my friends iPhone last night. I still won't buy one, I refuse to support that company.

Here's the problem with not supporting Samsung.

Who makes the LCD screen in a ton of your products? Cell phone, TV, monitor, etc etc. Boycotting Samsung would be crazy difficult because of how much they supply to other companies. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try.