Official Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Accessories Announced

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
download-jpg.77308

With every new smartphone announcement Samsung is known for also announcing a full lineup of device specific accessories. Samsung official accessories are some of the most beloved when it comes to OEM accessories. Their are plenty of all new designs here as well as some familiar designs. For more discussions, be sure to check out the new Galaxy S8 Forum on DF: Galaxy S8 Chat

galaxy-s8_accessories_standing-stand01_02_03_m-jpg.77307

The new Clear View case also comes with an adjustable stand which provides an optimal viewing experience for landscape content. The clear view color protects the display from inadvertent scratches. You can even swipe to answer calls, control music, and more without removing the cover. The case comes in 6 colors to match the colors of the device.

galaxy-s8_accessories_alcantara01-jpg.77306

Alcantara seems to be all the rage in automobile applications. Now you can wrap your smartphone with the same luxurious material with the new Alcantara cover. The case gives your phone a suede like handfeel that is both durable and stain-resistant. The case will come in 4 colors.

galaxy-s8_accessories_2piece01_m-jpg.77305

The ugliest new accessory has to be the 2 Piece cover. Said to liven up your phone with colorful shapes the new accessory has also been described as being the best way to add a bra and panties to your Galaxy S8 or S8+. Apparently the colorful pieces attach with suction cups? I'm sorry am I the only one who finds this particular accessory creepy?

galaxy-s8_accessories_wireless01-jpg.77304

Probably the most exciting new accessory from Samsung is the all new convertible fast wireless charger. I have about 5 Samsung wireless chargers floating around the house. Only one of them is the stand type. I'm glad that Samsung has innovated with this charger, but it is disappointing that it doesn't actually charge any faster than the previous stand and flat fast wireless chargers. The main difference here is that this charger is convertible and can be used as a flat or stand charger.

via Samsung

Attachments

• galaxy-s8_accessories_wireless01.jpg
    galaxy-s8_accessories_wireless01.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 758
  • galaxy-s8_accessories_2piece01_m.jpg
    galaxy-s8_accessories_2piece01_m.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,025
  • galaxy-s8_accessories_alcantara01.jpg
    galaxy-s8_accessories_alcantara01.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 4,333
  • galaxy-s8_accessories_standing-stand01_02_03_m.jpg
    galaxy-s8_accessories_standing-stand01_02_03_m.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4,284
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 4,116
Last edited by a moderator:

Briankbl

Reaction score
No mention of the desktop dock(forget the actual name)? You can dock your phone and use the provided mouse, keyboard and display for a real desktop experience. Looks really neat!

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
All nice but I can't find answers to a couple questions I have of this phone. Does it support the fast charge 3.0 that the chip supports (and I have chargers for)? What type of USB connector does it have? (USB 3 finally like my note had and I loved?). I can't seem to find much about the S8+ as it seems not to be offered on Verizon website.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
OK I was able to find out that it uses USB-C. But I still can't find anywhere if QC 3.0 or 4.0 is supported by Samsung even though the processor does. To me if it still only supports QC2.0 that is a deal breaker. Don't want to pay for premium stuff that only has old technology.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
OK I was able to find out that it uses USB-C. But I still can't find anywhere if QC 3.0 or 4.0 is supported by Samsung even though the processor does. To me if it still only supports QC2.0 that is a deal breaker. Don't want to pay for premium stuff that only has old technology.

I see that it is a type-c connector, but did you find out if it was USB 2.0, 3.0, or 3.1?

Edit: I found it finally. It's USB 3.1. Samsung Galaxy S8 - Full phone specifications

Last edited:

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Samsung just boggles my mind sometimes. delivers some amazing technology then leaves out things that would make them work well. Fingerprint scanner next to camera lens. ???? USB-C with USB 3.1 fantastic. Fast charging using tech that is at least 2 years out of date. ??? QC 4.0 is built in but nope we like QC 2.0 only. ??????