samsung galaxy tab 3 forgot password

scott240

Reaction score
can someone please help me.My 8 year old daughter put a password so her step sister wouldn't get on her Samsung Tab 3 but she doesn't know what her password I now so we can't unlock it now. She has her pics and games on it and we don't want to loose everything. Is there a way to bypass the unlock screen and take the password off it. If not then how could I do a factory reset without a computer, I only have phones and Samsung tablets

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm not aware of a way to bypass the lockscreen, but you should be able to factory data reset it by booting into recovery mode (press and hold volume up + home button + the power button until it reboots into the recovery).

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Post Script:

Set the tablet up with Android Manager so you can give it a different password via any Internet browser as long as the tablet's wifi is working and the location service is turned on as well:

Screenshot_2014-11-29-04-41-54.png

OP
S

scott240

Reaction score
oh my daughter just reminded me that we can't reset her tablet. She said dad your wedding pics and videos are on my tablet, so I need to figure out a way to fix it and not do a factory reset yet. And I didn't have a sd card in it so its all saved on her tablet. I do have a warranty on her tablet from best buy, could they do anything. Or will they just reset it and loose everything. With android manager is that something I have to setup before something like this happens. Also is there a way to copy the tablet to a sd card then reset it. I just dont want to loose my wedding pics

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I don't think this is possible without a computer. With a computer you might be able to use the program called Samsung Kies to make a backup of everything before restoring. I'm not sure it is possible though if the screen is locked. I will try later on today with my Samsung Pro.

It is also possible that Windows will pick up the tablet as an external device when plugging it in.

Android Device Manager should work if it had a Google account on it and if Location services was activated in the settings of the tablet. If there was a Google Account registered all you have to do is sign in to the website on your phone and login with the same account that was on the tablet.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
So I tried the above mentioned things and the PC will recognize the tablet, but not give access until the password is entered.