Samsung Galaxy Skin [CONCEPT]

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
android_flexi3-550x552.jpg

As much as I wanted to title this post, "BREAKING: Leaked Pics of the Samsung Galaxy S 3 Prime"; I refrained myself. Either way, this is still pretty impressive. Normally, I'm completely against concept phones. I think they are silly. The reason I am posting this concept phone in particular is because there has been a lot of technical advancements in terms of flexible AMOLED displays and flexible lithium ion batteries these past few months. So, while we are still probably around 10 years away from actually making a phone like this possible. I mean, It is pretty darn cool. Just grab a towel and drool over these pics for the next 5 minutes.

SOURCE: Samsung Galaxy Flexi Skin

Attachments

• android_flexi6-550x448.jpg
    android_flexi6-550x448.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 755
  • android_flexi13-550x502.jpg
    android_flexi13-550x502.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 791
  • android_flexi14-550x688.jpg
    android_flexi14-550x688.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 969
  • android_flexi12.jpg
    android_flexi12.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 3,630
  • android_flexi11.jpg
    android_flexi11.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 650
OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
android_flexi10.jpg

Attachments

• android_flexi9.jpg
    android_flexi9.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,062
  • android_flexi8.jpg
    android_flexi8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 797
  • android_flexi7.jpg
    android_flexi7.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 321
OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
android_flexi4.jpg

Attachments

• android_flexi.jpg
    android_flexi.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 445
  • android_flexi2.jpg
    android_flexi2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 328
  • android_flexi5.jpg
    android_flexi5.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 588

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I don't foresee a phone being made from flexible screens. Other tech, sure, but not phones. Frankly, they should focus on making phones more power efficient then thin/flexible.

socalocalsd

Reaction score
this is cool but hardly news worthy. Why hasen't anything been posted about gingerbread being rooted for DX2?

markietas

Reaction score
At lest now when they come out with something like this in a few years Apple can't say that they copied them.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
this is cool but hardly news worthy. Why hasen't anything been posted about gingerbread being rooted for DX2?
How is this not "news-worthy". You may not see it but this is introducing new technology. Droidforums news doesnt always have to be about specific DROID models. And I'm sure someone has posted news about the DX2.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
How is this not "news-worthy". You may not see it but this is introducing new technology. Droidforums news doesnt always have to about specific DROID models. And I'm sure someone has posted news about the DX2.

Its all about new technology for sure ...this could be a pretty beast devices as well

bastosero

Reaction score
I believe that this is very "news-worthy". I mean, this IS the future of mobile smartphones/tablets and probably other portable devices that may use the flexible screen. I can imagine them creating a hybrid smartphone and tablet. if you fold it out, it can be a tablet. When folded it can be a cellphone, or watch, or something else. I also would like to kindly disagree with Malvado on when they might intend to use this technology. I say they might start using this sooner than later (probably 6-8 years) to be ahead of the game with other competitors (I'm referring to Samsung, of course).This has a lot of potential, and I don't think they would want to wait for a long while to implement it on their products.

Also, I would like to kindly disagree with johnomaz.Think about it...why would people want to carry, for example, a DX2 in their pockets or holster? What if, instead, they could fold that to something smaller. In addition, it would be thinner and weigh less than current smartphones. That to me would be a very good convenience factor for my gadget.

I guess I'm really excited about this technology just like Malvado. Technology sure is advancing and will keep advancing...

bastosero

Reaction score
Actually, I hope they start implementing this technology within 3-5 years...just because I can't wait too long for it! LOL

Reaction score
it's impossible, i dont think they have this kind of technologies yet.

if this thing ever made, it'll cost you over 5,000 or more under contract

chuckz28

Reaction score
Talk about the most frustrating thing on earth to type on. Imagine trying to adjust the volume or type with playdough in your hands. Would suck.

bastosero

Reaction score
it's impossible, i dont think they have this kind of technologies yet.

if this thing ever made, it'll cost you over 5,000 or more under contract

[video=youtube;kJEHp15Hoo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEHp15Hoo0&feature=player_embedded]‪Samsung Flexible AMOLED Display at CES 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

Impossible, did you say? :p

bastosero

Reaction score
Even Sony already has a flexible screen technology. Although, they won't probably implement it anytime soon either.