Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumors: 'Project Lucky' Prototype Sports Snapdragon 820, MicroSD and More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-dark.jpg

It looks like Samsung Galaxy S7 rumors are already starting to filter out. First up the internal codename for the next generation Samsung flagship is supposedly "Project Lucky." On top of this intel, we have word that Samsung is returning to their partnership with Qualcomm, so the US version of the Galaxy S7 will have a Snapdragon 820 on board.

In fact, the rumors come along with some supposed AnTuTu benchmark scores for a prototype of Project Lucky. If the benchmarks are for real, it looks like the new Snapdragon 820 will be faster than the Exynos 7420 in most instances. Part of these numbers could be attributed to the Adreno 530 GPU and 4GB of RAM purported for the device.

We aren't done there though. These rumors come with intel claiming that a microSD slot will return for the Galaxy S7. It will still not have a removable battery, but if this rumor is true, it's at least something to appease old school Samsung fans. Finally, Sammy is also rumored to be putting in a new 20 megapixel ISOCELL camera sensor, and a base line 64GB of storage.

To be clear, most of this sounds like a fanboy fantasy put to the keyboard, but the leaked benchmarks are why we are paying attention to it at all. You can see the leaked benchmark images in the thread below.

Source: Samsung Galaxy S7 Test Version (SD-820) Benchmark Showing Preliminary Specs?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the leaked AnTuTu benchmarks for Project Lucky - Samsung Galaxy S7:

galaxy-s7-antutu-01.jpg

galaxy-s7-antutu-02.jpg

galaxy-s7-antutu-02.jpg

galaxy-s7-antutu-03.jpg

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I just missed 70,000 with my Note 5. Personally the only thing I miss at this Point is the MicroSD.
Screenshot_2015-09-11-13-50-30_zps2m7n15q5.png

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The Qualcomm 820 is only faster in the 3D bench in those screen shots or am I missing something?