Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge & Note 6 Might Have microSD Slots [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
s7-edge-concept.jpg
The above is a fan-based Galaxy S7 concept render found randomly on the web.

If the latest Samsung intel is accurate, then we might see the return of our beloved microSD slots to the next generation of Samsung Galaxy products. This rumor includes the Galaxy S7, the Galaxy S7 Edge and the Galaxy Note 6. This potentially exciting revelation isn't the only info that was leaked from Korea.

According to "insider sources" the Galaxy S7 will include a flat, 5.2" screen, but the larger S7 edge will come with a 5.7" flexible display. This will supposedly only have slightly curved sides, but could also feature curves at the top and the bottom as well. Of course, these will be using Samsung's more advanced YOUM display.

Along with these innovations (and returning features), the devices will share either a Samsung Exynos 8890 SoC or the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, depending on their region of sale. Samsung is also supposedly moving to USB-C for these phones as well. Finally, this same source shared that these devices could have up to 4 GB of RAM (depending on model), and an eventual 20 MPBRITECELL camera.

We will keep an eye out for any corroborating evidence to support these rumors.

Don't forget to drop by our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S7 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy S7 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Slashgear

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like Samsung devices but my beef is with KNOX.
They could sell a consumer version and a enterprise version of the phones.
I will not buy a phone that I cannot "own".
The carrier and Samsung (whoever) gets admin privileges on your device but you can't?
So, for now, the only devices I'm interested in is Nexus and Motorola X. Non-carrier branded and unlocked or unlockable bootloaders.

Samsung, Sony, etc., pay attention, IF I PAY FOR AN UNSUBSIDIZED DEVICE, IT'S MINE!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I like Samsung devices but my beef is with KNOX.
They could sell a consumer version and a enterprise version of the phones.
I will not buy a phone that I cannot "own".
The carrier and Samsung (whoever) gets admin privileges on your device but you can't?
So, for now, the only devices I'm interested in is Nexus and Motorola X. Non-carrier branded and unlocked or unlockable bootloaders.

Samsung, Sony, etc., pay attention, IF I PAY FOR AN UNSUBSIDIZED DEVICE, IT'S MINE!

I kinda like KNOX these days. I used it to turn the phone on itself and disabled all the bloat (well, the majority of it) with Package Disabler Pro. I haven't rooted/unlocked mine simply because its not worth it enough for me anymore. The amount of customization I actually did on the phone because so minimal because the OS let me do it just didn't make it worth it for me anymore.

Also, SD slot...I'm over that too. I have tons of apps, I don't watch what apps I install nor do I clean up my pictures anymore and I don't run out of space. Yes, this is just me and I have no doubt people who use Twitter, Snapchat, etc take way more photos than I do...but I'm OK without one.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now include 5k mah removable battery, wireless charging and waterproof the phone and you will have a sale.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I kinda like KNOX these days. I used it to turn the phone on itself and disabled all the bloat (well, the majority of it) with Package Disabler Pro. I haven't rooted/unlocked mine simply because its not worth it enough for me anymore.

The key here on Verizon or AT&T you can't unlock or root, even if you wanted to the phone is locked down so tight.
So tight in fact, that if you attempt to root you can brick your phone or trip KNOX.
Samsung can keep them. No interest if I can't OWN device and decide for myself what I want to run on it.
Would we tolerate a car that can only run on one brand of gas?
A laptop that you have no control over, including when to take an update?
A laptop that if you decide you can't install another OS?
I won't and I won't buy another phone that has the same type of restrictions.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Now include 5k mah removable battery, wireless charging and waterproof the phone and you will have a sale.
BLU phone. 5000 mAH battery and SD card slot, and looks like a removable battery. Win.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I were in there market for a phone and they changed nothing but making the battery removable, I'd be all over the Note 6.

Sent from my Nexus 6P