Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Full Specs, PreOrder Date & Accessories Prices Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung_galaxy_s6_edge_first_02.jpg

Either Samsung just wanted to add more fuel to the PR fire, or they have a very serious security leak regarding their upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. If the latest intel is accurate, we know just about all their is to know regarding the new flagship phablet, including full specs, the first available preorder date, and even a list of accessory prices. Here's the scoop:

Full breakdown of internal specs:
  • 5.67 inch Super AMOLEDQuad HD display
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core processor
  • 4GB RAM
  • 32GB internal storage that is non-expandable
  • 5MP front facing camera
  • 16Mp rear camera with 4K Ultra HD video recording
  • LTE Cat 6 offering 300 Mbps download speeds
  • Wi-Fi n/ac, Bluetooth v4.1, NFC
  • A fingerprint sensor
  • Android 5.1 Lollipop
  • Samsung Pay
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Accessories Price list:
  • Official Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Keyboard Cover (Silver) – £59.99 / $94
  • Official Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Flip Wallet Cover (Silver, Gold, Blue/Black) – £24.99 / $39
  • Official Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Glossy Cover Case (Silver, Gold, Blue/Black) – £19.99 / $31
  • Official Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Clear View Cover Case (Silver, Gold, Blue/Black) – £39.99 / $62
  • Official Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Glitter Cover Case (Silver, Gold, Blue, Pink) – £34.99 / $55
  • Official Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ S View Cover Case (Silver, Gold, Blue/Black) – £34.99 / $55
  • Official Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Wireless Charging Pack (Silver, Gold) – £64.99 / $101
Finally, the device will supposedly go on preorder sometime between August 21st and September 3rd. The source indicated that Samsung's intent is to have the phone available in stores by September 4th so the preorder will more than likely be the earlier of those two dates rather than the latter. We will know everything for sure on Thursday, August 13th when Samsung shares their latest Unpacked Event.

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 Series Section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: AndroidAuthority

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I wish you could purchase phones on the announcement dates. I wonder what the price difference will be between the S6 Plus and the Note 5?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a good question... $50 to $120 is a vague guess. :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How about that keyboard cover, huh? I'm very interested to see how that sells and in which markets it does the best. That's actually probably more interesting to me than the phone itself.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
TW is just fine. There are other OEMs that have a closer to stock experience for those that want it. I would rather have all of the bells and whistles baked into TW than run vanilla Android. To do so I would be stuck using a launcher.

64gb should be the new norm for sure. Especially since they have moved away from expandable memory with this round of phones.

Samsung is a leader in hard drive/ssd/flash memory so if anyone could offer it cheaply you would think it would be them.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
TW is just fine. There are other OEMs that have a closer to stock experience for those that want it. I would rather have all of the bells and whistles baked into TW than run vanilla Android. To do so I would be stuck using a launcher.

64gb should be the new norm for sure. Especially since they have moved away from expandable memory with this round of phones.

Samsung is a leader in hard drive/ssd/flash memory so if anyone could offer it cheaply you would think it would be them.
Sorry but TW is a resource hog.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sorry but TW is a resource hog.

It has been running just fine on my phones since the S4. Of course it is going to use more resources than a Plain Jane, stock OS that has less features baked into it.

The last time I had a problem with it was with the S3. People make far too big of a deal about that nano-second time frame it takes to launch this feature or that app...

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has been running just fine on my phones since the S4. Of course it is going to use more resources than a Plain Jane, stock OS that has less features baked into it.

The last time I had a problem with it was with the S3. People make far too big of a deal about that nano-second time frame it takes to launch this feature or that app...
Once you use a Nexus then you would know how horrible TW is.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Once you use a Nexus then you would know how horrible TW is.

That's the great thing about Android. There are many different devices to cater to many different people.

A Nexus, for me, will never happen. Stock Android offers nothing for me to make the switch over to it for. I don't like the way it looks to begin with and if I wanted a lesser user experience I would just knock the dust off of my I6 Plus.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I6 plus is not a Nexus, I use nova launcher with my Nexus 6 as I do with my Note 4, the Nexus 6 runs circles around the Note 4 in smoothness, efficiency and overall experience.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Why are you using a launcher on stock Android?

Reactions: cr6

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why are you using a launcher on stock Android?
Because I like the features, it does not effect performance one bit, smooth as butter, that's the beauty of Android, customization.

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You kinda just made his point by saying you use a launcher on your Nexus. The fact of the matter is, you're adding all of these "extras" to your Nexus that TW has baked in. I've seen enough side by side comparisons with the Nexus 5 and S5 and Nexus 6 vs S6 and Nexus 6 vs Note 4 to know better.
and for those "occasional" times when the Nexus is faster, it's so minuscule, you can hardly use those situations to call TW a resource hog.
But hey, you're happy with yours and I'm happy with mine, its all good. Having a choice is what matters.

S5 tap'n

Last edited: