Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Owners Experiencing Some Screen Auto-rotate Problems

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-S6-Edge-autorotate-problem.jpg

One of the first "big" problems with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has been reported. Owners of the Galaxy S6 Edge on Verizon and Sprint's support forums have shared they are having a screen auto-rotate issue. Apparently, for a small few users, the screen becomes stuck after a few hours of use. Supposedly, adjusting the rotate settings, rebooting the phone, and/or doing a factory reset doesn’t always fix the problem. This end up leaving these users stuck in portrait mode permanently.

So far there's no reply from Samsung, but they are more than likely looking into it aggressively. Theories on the cause of the problem range from a hardware issue with the accelerometer, to a software issue which keeps the device from registering the value properly.

Source: XDA and Verizon

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge discussion section: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Galaxy devices used to have an option to recalibrate the gyroscope. I'm not sure why they removed this feature as it really came in handy in situations like this on earlier models.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I had this exact same problem on my i6 Plus and they were able to fix it in iOS 8.3. Hopefully that is all it is with the Galaxies.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Galaxy devices used to have an option to recalibrate the gyroscope. I'm not sure why they removed this feature as it really came in handy in situations like this on earlier models.

S5 tap'n

I seem to remember that as well. There is a code that gets you to a hidden menu that has that option. You can most likely Google for the code.

I had this exact same problem on my i6 Plus and they were able to fix it in iOS 8.3. Hopefully that is all it is with the Galaxies.

If it's software, hopefully the next update fixes it.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
These are some older codes but still may work...

upload_2015-4-17_10-29-56.png

Reactions: cr6