Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sold 4.5 Million Units in First Month; 500K Less Than Note 3

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You can add one more to that total - I finally made the dive. Solved several problems while getting a great new phablet and managed to keep my unlimited to boot! Not a bad day. I feel a lot of phone activity tonight.
Can you explain managing to keep unlimited as you mention?

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Can you explain managing to keep unlimited as you mention?
I'll try. I have an real old plan America 450 or something like that with unlimited data for $30 extra. I still was paying almost $45 for a land line.phone. I went to the local Verizon store (apparently a preferred vendor - TCC). They had the Note 4 in stock. The deal gave me a new service with a home Verizon box which will save me $20/mo and port the land line number. Got the Note for $299 and transferred it to my old line which kept the unlimited pricing. A bit complicated but now I have 2 Verizon numbers, a new Note 4, a wireless home phone adapter (for $129 + activation) and the whole deal accomplished everything I wanted for a total of around $500 which was less than I was prepared to spend to get the Note at cost. Hope that explains it. BTW I have done nothing but play with it ALL day )about 12 hours, downloading all my apps and getting everything set up like I wanted, using the stylus and messaging, facebook tried a movie from my microsd etc and now have 66% battery left!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'll try. I have an real old plan America 450 or something like that with unlimited data for $30 extra. I still was paying almost $45 for a land line.phone. I went to the local Verizon store (apparently a preferred vendor - TCC). They had the Note 4 in stock. The deal gave me a new service with a home Verizon box which will save me $20/mo and port the land line number. Got the Note for $299 and transferred it to my old line which kept the unlimited pricing. A bit complicated but now I have 2 Verizon numbers, a new Note 4, a wireless home phone adapter (for $129 + activation) and the whole deal accomplished everything I wanted for a total of around $500 which was less than I was prepared to spend to get the Note at cost. Hope that explains it. BTW I have done nothing but play with it ALL day )about 12 hours, downloading all my apps and getting everything set up like I wanted, using the stylus and messaging, facebook tried a movie from my microsd etc and now have 66% battery left!!
That's great. I understand what you did. By getting the Verizon box for the home line you actually have a new contract and that is what got you the discounted price for the phone. Just be careful. I'm being told that getting a phone on an upgrade of another line and then moving it to the unlimited line can result in their systems pushing you from unlimited data to a 2GB / month plan about 2 to 3 weeks after the switch. I don't know if that is true for phones that come from a new contract however. Let's hope not.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I forgot to mention that now that I have 2 lines I get to repeat this every 2 years now that I have 2 lines. This creativity seemed to start right after I happened to mention I was moving my home phone to ATT ;)

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
That's great. I understand what you did. By getting the Verizon box for the home line you actually have a new contract and that is what got you the discounted price for the phone. Just be careful. I'm being told that getting a phone on an upgrade of another line and then moving it to the unlimited line can result in their systems pushing you from unlimited data to a 2GB / month plan about 2 to 3 weeks after the switch. I don't know if that is true for phones that come from a new contract however. Let's hope not.
Me too. They were sure it was all good. At first they tried to move me to the keep the plan + 6gb deal for unlimited but I balked. I will watch it for sure. It takes a couple days for the phone number to change so I'll keep tabs on it. It is all in writing so if it changes there will be hell to pay.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hell to pay indeed. From what I'm told there used to be ways to reverse these flubs but even that had been removed from their plans system. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Speaking of keeping that unlimited plan, I'm always scared to walk into a store and have someone mess with my plan/device/accessories and what have you. I don't trust them. They could "accidentally" click or unclick a check box somewhere and do irreversible damage. It happened to me when they tried to "upgrade" my text message allowance, messed it up (unchecked free Verizon to Verizon messing, causing my text message charges to quadruple), and were unable to reverse the damage, forcing me to upgrade to a plan I didn't need. Smh. I'll stick to doing it online myself.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm having to deal with that foolishness now. It is going on two weeks to get one submitted form processed to restore Unlimited Data to my line. Luckily I have everything documented, but it's amazing how quickly they can switch a feature off, but that it has to go through department after department to get it turned back on. I literally become less thrilled with Verizon every day that I have their service.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm having to deal with that foolishness now. It is going on two weeks to get one submitted form processed to restore Unlimited Data to my line. Luckily I have everything documented, but it's amazing how quickly they can switch a feature off, but that it has to go through department after department to get it turned back on. I literally become less thrilled with Verizon every day that I have their service.
Not to pay Devils advocate too much, but I would assume it's a lot easier to remove a feature or service that's no longer available than to add that same feature back using a computer system in which the feature doesn't exist anymore.

Sent from my Note 4

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good luck with getting your unlimited data plan back, that is not going to happen. Sorry to hear they screwed you.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to pay Devils advocate too much, but I would assume it's a lot easier to remove a feature or service that's no longer available than to add that same feature back using a computer system in which the feature doesn't exist anymore.

Sent from my Note 4

I have no doubt that it's easier, but VZ as a company does not put their customer's first. Look into the issues customers have had with phones turned in for rebate being quoted at a few hundred dollars, then customers being given around $50 for the device and it being "recycled" before any inquiry can be made, no matter how quickly it is done. Pictures are supposedly taken of these devices in a state where they are unable to power on, yet the pictures in these instances are completely blank. I'm going off on a tangent here, but you can google Verizon iPhone scam and read if you want more info, or simply look on Verizon's forums.

Long story short, Verizon as a whole does not prioritize its customers. I have no issues with the majority of sales associates or techs, etc at the company, but the policies in place are set to make it inherently easier to put you in a situation beneficial to Verizon and non-beneficial to yourself. I was told that this would be a simple fix, and it has taken almost two weeks for one simple item to be processed. Seconds to put me onto a tiered plan, going on weeks to correct it. There's nothing about this situation that makes me think great customer service in terms of VZ's policies. I will again have Unlimited data on the country's most reliable network at a good rate, and that is the only reason I stay. As soon as it becomes viable in terms of service, I will be more than ecstatic to leave VZ.

delcopa

Reaction score
Don't forget Verizon didn't even start selling the n4 til a week after everyone else. The n3 i believe was released at the same time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk