Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) touch unresponsive after a few seconds of holding

Alexire

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-A520F/DS Samsung A5 (2017)
Twitter
Alexiistlaurent
I have a samsung galaxy A5 (2017), I've been having an issue where i can only hold my touch for about three seconds. I can do stuff but when I try to send voice texts and play games that requires continuous touch that's when it happens. Can't hold on for more than three seconds, it releases itself even tho I'm still touching the screen. Can anyone tell me what's happening? It would mean alot to me thank you so much I really appreciate it! :(

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum. I've changed the title of your thread to better reflect the issue you're having.

Sounds to me like maybe an issue with the digitizer that reads touches.

Did this problem just start recently? Have you dropped the phone lately?

OP
A

Alexire

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-A520F/DS Samsung A5 (2017)
Twitter
Alexiistlaurent
Welcome to the forum. I've changed the title of your thread to better reflect the issue you're having.

Sounds to me like maybe an issue with the digitizer that reads touches.

Did this problem just start recently? Have you dropped the phone lately?

I just got the phone like 3 days ago, I noticed the problem but I thought its cuz of the screen protector, then last night I took it off and same thing happened, still the same. So I guess it's been here since I started using it. And no I don't remember dropping my phone for sure. issue with the digitizer that reads touches? Imma have to look that up later. But how can I get rid of this? Thank you in advance!

Riotline

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-A520F
I just got the phone like 3 days ago, I noticed the problem but I thought its cuz of the screen protector, then last night I took it off and same thing happened, still the same. So I guess it's been here since I started using it. And no I don't remember dropping my phone for sure. issue with the digitizer that reads touches? Imma have to look that up later. But how can I get rid of this? Thank you in advance!

I am currently using this model of a phone and no solution has been posted online. If anyone knows how to fix this please.