Samsung finally adds Fascinate to the Galaxy S Minisite

J

JohnDroid

If you are a Verizon customer or just someone who has been waiting for the Samsung Fascinate to be released, you've likely grown very frustrated with the snails pace and lack of news or leaks with regards to the release date.

Have no fear however... things are heating up and more details are starting to trickle out. Not just from Verizon either, even Samsung is getting in on the action. They of course recently announced that they've already shipped 1,000,000 units to the US.

Now, they've added the Samsung Fascinate to their Galaxy S Minisite so more information and a release should be forthcoming. Also, let's not forget that Verizon has the largest wireless network (by customers) and surely Samsung would like that potential customer injection to increase their sales numbers even more.

You can view the minisite now with Fascinate goodness at the following URL: Samsung Galaxy S

Also, be sure to keep in mind that we have a dedicated Samsung Fascinate Forum @ Samsung Fascinate Forum in addition to our Samsung Fascinate section here at DroidForums.net

Thanks to lonzom10 for the tip.

(Source: Samsung finally adds Fascinate to the Galaxy S Minisite)

Rhino413

Reaction score
Vibrant vs Fascinate

well if you go to that mini page and switch between the vibrant and the fascinate you will notice short of some different color themes on the body of the t-mobile one that these phones look the same. and this makes me sad I've used the t-mobile version and it sucks that phone is cheap and will break faster than you could spend the 200 bucks plus on it. this was my one fear when it came to waiting for the galaxy s phone is that it would be cheaply made. Motorola has rugged phones made to be used and abused. I'm not sure why but the AT&T version of the galaxy is a rugged phone the back feels like metal and the phone just has a strong feel to it. not so with the t-mobile one the back is plastic and the whole phone feels like you can bend it in half. so if the fascinate is built like the t-mobile edition then I think I will pass. guess ill wait for that HTC phone that looks like a better nexus 1

:icon_frown:

kaiyel1

Reaction score
well if you go to that mini page and switch between the vibrant and the fascinate you will notice short of some different color themes on the body of the t-mobile one that these phones look the same. and this makes me sad I've used the t-mobile version and it sucks that phone is cheap and will break faster than you could spend the 200 bucks plus on it. this was my one fear when it came to waiting for the galaxy s phone is that it would be cheaply made. Motorola has rugged phones made to be used and abused. I'm not sure why but the AT&T version of the galaxy is a rugged phone the back feels like metal and the phone just has a strong feel to it. not so with the t-mobile one the back is plastic and the whole phone feels like you can bend it in half. so if the fascinate is built like the t-mobile edition then I think I will pass. guess ill wait for that HTC phone that looks like a better nexus 1

:icon_frown:

I think you just like Motorola phones over Samsung because I have a friend who has the Vibrant and its a lightweight, slick, fast as heck phone. No need to bash Samsung because their phones are not like Motorola's. Each Samsung phone may have similar qualities but each build is different. Oh and I have a Moto Droid 1 and I love it. But that Epic 4G looks promising to me.

Rhino413

Reaction score
you have misunderstood

my point was not to bash Samsung or its galaxy S phone line
I was simply stating that the T-mobile vibrant felt weak and it is in fact
a cheap body on what is other wise a sick phone the screen is amazing and
the speed of the OS is super fast. but I have two friends with the vibrant and both of them are getting micro cracks on the back plastic of the phone.
I've had Samsung phones before and they where great. that doesn't make all there phones great. I have enjoyed my moto droid 1 but i think the Droid X is a weakly built phone as well. I've been waiting for this phone for some months now
but like i said if its built like the vibrant many people are going to be disappointed with its build quality and that has nothing to do with the phones Software function. if you remember back the biggest complaint about the droid was its physical keyboard not its OS. @kaiyel1 your comments neither addressed what my concern was or what my post was about. I never commented on it not being " lightweight, slick, fast as heck phone" you should read my post and comprehend its contents before jumping to a shallow conclusion of what i like or dislike.