Samsung Double Rumor; Leaked GT-I9500 Pics & Analyst Reconfirms Snapdragon Chip

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s4-gt-i9500-camera-sample-1.jpg

Here's a Samsung double-header for you guys today. First up we have some supposedly leaked pics from the GT-I9500. The pics showed up on Google+, and were suddenly taken down, which could mean they are legit. Here's a quote with the details, and you can see one of the pics above,

Furthermore, the images have a resolution of 4128 x 2322 (or 9.6-megapixels) and have a 16:9 format. Apparently 13-megapixel cameras can shoot 9.6-megapixel pictures in Auto mode “because the viewfinder can only utilize full screen in 16:9 mode.

Upon further inspection, Androsym suggests that the images have been taken with a Sony Exmor RS 13-megapixel shooter, with 1/3’’ sensor size (4mm focal length,) not that anything can be confirmed right now.

The other tidbit we have is simply another reconfirmation of previous rumors. Several times now we have heard that the new SGS4 will come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon chip instead of an Exynos. A Piper Jaffray analyst named Gus Richard echoed this information seemingly reconfirming it. Here's a quote from him,

We believe Samsung’s Galaxy S4 has slipped and the Galaxy S3 has been in production a quarter longer than expected. We believe the S4 is being delayed primarily due to power issues with the company’s eight-core Exynos Octa […] we believe the company is likely to shift more to external sources. We believe QCOM will pick up more of Samsung’s S4 business.

Of course, there's no way to tell if either of these are legitimate. If the March 14th launch date rumors prove accurate, perhaps we will know the truth soon...

Source: AndroidAuthroity & Barron's

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So can someone tell me what the camera bit means, in English?