Safestrap Question

Jazic

Reaction score
I've been a long time tweaker and upgraded recently from a Droid X.

My question is with Safestrap enabled, how do I load up a duplicate of the primary so I can make changes without modifying the stock. I am loving the new battery longevity of the OTA update but I don't want to install an older ROM when stock will do for now.

I deleted all previous backups. I backed up the original, restored the backup on the secondary system and nothing happens at boot.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You must load a ROM or some form of update.zip file in safe mode.

Non-safe and safe backups are not interchangeable.

I don't know that there is a rooted stock update.zip file available for the RAZR.

Sent from my rooted, safestrapped, and ROM'd XT862

OP
J

Jazic

Reaction score
Alright.

If that is the case then are there a solid ways of updating the OTA update from say the RAZRX ROM or the Deodexed Rom from Nitro?

Mainly my question is if I can have the updated stock ROM to play with without making it tough or even impossible to update to ICS when it comes out. Assuming an SBF doesn't comes out...

Thanks!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guaranteed, the Dev's will build 4.0 before it is released to the phones.

However, that is what safestrap is for, so you can go back to stock+root, remove recovery, then obtain the update.

Once you do that, you may not be able to re root. Which is why you should stay on a ROM. They are generally the most updated.

IE, MavROM (for the Droid3) is already using components from the x.x.894 build which has not been released as an OTA.

Sent from my rooted, safestrapped, and ROM'd XT862