S9-HD has no music controls with DROID?

rbobbydray

Reaction score
I just got a pair of. MotoROKR S9-HD headphones and although I can hear the music, there is no track forward, track back or play/pause. Is there a setting that I am missing? My understanding is that the Droid supports AVRCP and should work fine with another motorola product.

Bigg 27

Reaction score
There is def track forward and back buttons. On the right stalk right above the headphone there is track up, play/pause, and track back. On the left side there is volume up, volume down, and answer/turn off call.

If you are not using the native music app you might need to go into your music player properties and activate bluetooth controls.

cisco0910

Reaction score
I think he knows where the control buttons are located, he's saying it doesn't function. The controls I've noticed thru many researches seem to be hit or miss. I have the motorokr s305 and the control functions don't work with pandora and the stock mujsic app where 90% of the members in this group works perfectly. The tunewiki app works like it should with mine and I'm. Thinking it should work with yours and live with the fact were in that unfortunate 10% group

OP
R

rbobbydray

Reaction score
Yep I know where the controls are and I'm using the native music app. I'm pretty good at reading directions. I'll try some different apps and am pretty used to being in the 10%, but I'm disappointed that both these high end Motorola products don't work together like they are supposed to. Should I try to return the ' phones and hope for a better pair? Probably not worth it.

nickc321

Reaction score
I have the regular S-9's and the controls work fine for me with the native music app. It might just be the headphones.

Bigg 27

Reaction score
My bad. Okay, now that I reread that I see that. THats what happens when you post before caffeine:) Anyway, I have had trouble what that at times too. I have mixzing and I had to turn off the bluetooth controls on that before the buttons on the headset would work again with the native music app. Also, you might want to check you bluetooth connections. Mine have developed a bad habit lately of pairing but only for one item inside of both(Instead of media and phone it does which ever one it chooses)

cisco0910

Reaction score
Exchanging phones may fix it if you think its worth the hassle. I switched my bluetooths for a brand new one at vzw and same reult. I've tried unpairing and repairing countless times still nothing. Tunewiki is far surperior to the stock music app anyway, id just like for it to work for pandora.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Try unpairing and re-pairing. maybe the AVRCP is getting missed due to some interference during the first pairing. I have s9-hds and they work exactly like they should.

ploks

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and as far as I can remember the media (music) controls in my S9 used to work properly. If I'm not mistaken the cause of the problem with the controls is not from the S9 but from the Droid itself after updating to Version 2.3.

I hope somebody can look at this and have the problem fixed soon.