Rokr s9-hd

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I got a set of S9-HD bluetooth headset. Pairs up no problem, plays music, can hear pandora, but can't hear anything when I make a phone call. Blue tooth is indicated on the dialpad, volume is up, I've toggled the mute on the headset, but no luck. What am I missing? Suggestions. For what its worth, the headset hangs up a call, and can initiate a last dialed number? Thanks in advance for any help.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Press and hold the button that looks like the phone (call answer) on the S9 headset, the light will appear red until the Handsfree phone connection is restored, at which time, it will blink blue. (Page 26 of the MotoRokr S9 manual).

The music (AD2P) and handsfree work on different bluetooth profiles, and both must be enabled, in your case, you only have the Stereo Bluetooth enabled.

OP
S

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
S9-hd

JM, thanks for the tips. I'm closer but still no cookie. When I pair, it says I am paired for the phone and media, so I think I have both flavors active. When I select the device and then option, I see that both phone and media are checked. However the end result is still the same. I don't hear any phone sound through the headset. When I press numbers on the dial pad I do hear the beep, though seems a bit delayed. I'm stuck. I'm going to try with another bt headset that's laying around the house. Anybody else using the S9-HD headset?

JayMonster

Reaction score
Sorry that didn't help... anybody else got a suggestion? :bump:

ally

Reaction score
I have the Moto Droid and the S9 HD headset. The sound is great and it no longer skips like it did with my LG Voager. The pause and skip forward/back buttons do not work. Any sugestions?

OP
S

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
S9-hd

So Ally, your phone audio is OK? I am convinced that I have a defective pair of headphone, as after multiple pairing exercises, I managed to hear one ring on an outbound call and then nothing. The pause and skip forward/back buttons on mine work fine. I am at a complete loss with this device. I have a ticket opened with Motorola, but don't have a response yet. The media audio is excellent and that was primarily why I purchased, however, sure would be nice to get the phone to work too. Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

eNonsense

Reaction score
My pause and skip buttons also don't work. I get an audible beep, but nothing happens. I am using the 2.1 music player apk on 2.0.1 though so that may be something. I seem to remember trying once with the old program though and it popped a message on the screen saying something like "function not programmed" or something of that nature.

I have used the headphones for a phone conversation and they worked just fine, though I didn't use the button on the headphones at all. I just tried longpressing it though and it re-dialed my most recently placed call (in superdial), so I guess it does something.

OP
S

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
S9-hd

Hmmm...i'd trade the missing fwd / skip functionality for phone audio. I actually have an RMA from motorola to return my headset for a replacement/repair. We'll see what happends!

amb4582

Reaction score
Well I was on the verge of purchasing these yesterday, but if certain functions of these headphones do not work, I may have to re-consider. It is a shame because I have heard really good things about these headphones from other people. No one here has a pair that has everything working correctly?!?!?!?!

mntbikejack

Reaction score
Well I was on the verge of purchasing these yesterday, but if certain functions of these headphones do not work, I may have to re-consider. It is a shame because I have heard really good things about these headphones from other people. No one here has a pair that has everything working correctly?!?!?!?!

I have the S9-HD headset and it has worked flawlessly from the first time a paired it. The music sounds great and I can use the phone also.

bllarkin

Reaction score

I have the S9-HD headset and it has worked flawlessly from the first time a paired it. The music sounds great and I can use the phone also.

Do all the buttons work, as well?

sik

Reaction score
ya i got these on blackfriday 50% off the retail $50.00 for them nice deal but mine also work flawless

OP
S

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
S9-hd

Dang...50 is a good price I think I paid $62 just before xmas for mine. Well mine went back to Motorola yesterday. I'm interested to see what happens with the replacement pair. Could be that my premise that the set I have is defective is validated, or worse, my issues could proved to be, dear I say it, an "operator error". So for the next 10-14 days I use my son's S305's that paired up and worked the first time.

amb4582

Reaction score
Dang...50 is a good price I think I paid $62 just before xmas for mine. Well mine went back to Motorola yesterday. I'm interested to see what happens with the replacement pair. Could be that my premise that the set I have is defective is validated, or worse, my issues could proved to be, dear I say it, an "operator error". So for the next 10-14 days I use my son's S305's that paired up and worked the first time.

Haha!!! You are just going to take them from your son, thats great!
"You will shut up boy if you know whats good for you,"