backbeat 906- Lost music control features

y2k2

Reaction score
I bought the backbeat 906 and paired to my droid with no issues.
I was able to control music (play/pause, track forward and back) through the headphones with no issues. Just a couple of days ago I was unable to play/pause music and track forward and back, but yet the rest of the functions work: answer/end calls.

I tried to unpair, reset, etc. but nothing yet.
I haven't used the headsets for a while so I can only attribute this to the OS update but don't know for sure but I do know I haven't used the headphones for a while after the update.

Anybody has any ideas? I did pair the headphones with a different phone from a ATT and I was able to control music so i believe it's something to do with the Droid, specifically with the A2DP support. Anybody know how to even rest the A2DP support? if possible at all?
thanks

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score
i guess no one has the backbeats and/or no one has had this problem. At any rate I was able to troubleshoot the issue and it came down to HI Yahoo Beta installed in my Droid. I uninstalled and magically the A2DP support came back.

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score
well, im not sure about taking control cause what's yahoo messenger have to do with A2DP support?? But f**ing it up for sure yes.

jman09

Reaction score
Glad to hear the problem was fixed, I was thinking about getting these. How is the sound quality for the music and how does it sound with phone calls for you and the other person?
I've seen a few reviews online, but not much.

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score
Glad to hear the problem was fixed, I was thinking about getting these. How is the sound quality for the music and how does it sound with phone calls for you and the other person?
I've seen a few reviews online, but not much.

Well unfortunately I don't have hands-on experience with other headphones, only reviews that I read
However I can tell you that i'm pretty happy with the sound quality. You defenitely can hear music with clarity. As far as the bass boost feature, just like the reviews state, it distorts the rest of the sound (highs,mids) so I leave the bass boost feature off. However bass does come in at a reasonable happy medium I guess. (On my list, these rank 2nd in bass and Motorolas HD rank first)

As far as phone calls, it's nothing but clarity on both ends. I tested with 2 callers they couldn't tell whether I was on or off the headphones. And even better, the calls come in through both sides unlike the Motorolas HD which you can only hear calls on one side. That for me was a big plus.

As far as carrying/storing the headphones which was another big plus, they are a breeze because you can bend them (the wire that connects both sides) and put them away just about anywhere, unlike the motorolas which are more cumbersome and a lot less bendable and you run the chance of breaking them.

As far as signal, I have yet to experience signal loss regardless of where I put my phone, whether I put it in my front, side or back pocket. Unlike the Motorolas from what I heard, since the transmitter sits in the back of your head.

Only thing that I haven't got to work, which i don't really care much about at this point, is that it supposedly lets you Voice Dial by Long pressing the call button and speaking. What I do is just hit the Voice Dialer on the phone and just speak and it works.

so my highlights:
a) Call clarity AND in BOTH SIDES
b) Easy to carry and fold up
c) Transmitter is on the side (as opposed to Motorolas which is in the back, prone to audio skips and call audio skips)

Hope that helps

jman09

Reaction score
Thanks, it helped. I'm thinking they would be good. But thinking about getting the Bose in ear headphones for the better music and also use with my laptop, and also getting the Plantronics Discovery 975 Headset. But this way cost twice as much.

Also, these come with the bluetooth adapter to make other devices wireless too. But liking the idea for wireless, can't get in the way while working. So many options.

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score
well, im not sure about taking control cause what's yahoo messenger have to do with A2DP support?? But f**ing it up for sure yes.

i stand corrected, I mentioned A2DP support but my problem did not affect the A2DP function. A2DP is the ability to wirelessly stream audio from a device to the headphones.

AVRCP is what gives you the ability to control playback with the headphones and this was what the installation of yahoo messenger messed up somehow... so yes Droid supports both.

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score
Thanks, it helped. I'm thinking they would be good. But thinking about getting the Bose in ear headphones for the better music and also use with my laptop, and also getting the Plantronics Discovery 975 Headset. But this way cost twice as much.

Also, these come with the bluetooth adapter to make other devices wireless too. But liking the idea for wireless, can't get in the way while working. So many options.

the backbeat 906 come with an adapter as well. yup, so many options. After a day at the gym messing w/ the wire, don't think I'll go back to the wire...

jman09

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Motorola ROKR S9-HD since that is was my Best Buy had in stock and I had 100 dollars in gift cards, and wanted wireless headphones. They seem good so far.

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Motorola ROKR S9-HD since that is was my Best Buy had in stock and I had 100 dollars in gift cards, and wanted wireless headphones. They seem good so far.

How do they seat? I read they tend to weigh down on the back of the head.
Also, how is the bass? I read they were actually #1 when reviewed against the backbeats.

jman09

Reaction score
They feel pretty good. May take a little getting used to, I've used in-hear headphones and iPod headphones for so long. And the bass is better than I expected it to be which is really good. I don't notice it weighing the back down that much.

techinv

Reaction score
They feel pretty good. May take a little getting used to, I've used in-hear headphones and iPod headphones for so long. And the bass is better than I expected it to be which is really good. I don't notice it weighing the back down that much.

Jman:

How well do they seal in your ears? I'm using the Plantronics Backbeat 903's and the level of seal for me is awful.

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score

Jman:

How well do they seal in your ears? I'm using the Plantronics Backbeat 903's and the level of seal for me is awful.

I didnt feel the seal level was that awful. Then again this is subjective and I guess it depends on ear design lol. But yes they could be better. If I push them into my ear just a bit better they make audio 50% more "real"