s4 or s3?

droidworld

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of reviews on the s4. although it does appear to be better than the s3 it doesn't seem to be that groundbreaking. what is everyone else's thoughts towards this?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have an S3 now and at my earliest opportunity I'm getting the S4, (S3 going to my wife). Speed and especially functionality are superior.

Caesars

Reaction score
The s3 to the s4 is a HUGE upgrade!

Galaxy note 2 + iPhone 5

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Definitely go for the S4 if you're coming off the Tbolt.

debrad0307

Reaction score
IMO if you already have the S3 then there is no need to go to the S4. I wouldn't waste my money on a phone that does the same thing. I love my S3... plus Verizon has a really good bundle deal for it right now

Sent from my Synergized S3

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
IMO if you already have the S3 then there is no need to go to the S4. I wouldn't waste my money on a phone that does the same thing. I love my S3... plus Verizon has a really good bundle deal for it right now

so you don't see a major difference in the s4

debrad0307

Reaction score
so you don't see a major difference in the s4

No. I don't see a major difference between the S3 and S4. It wouldn't be noticeable to me for what I use my phone for. Unless you have both phones side by side you won't even recognize a difference.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I get what debrad0307 is saying, if you own an S3 now, then the upgrade decision is more difficult but if you have a Bionic now, then definitely go with the S4.

JRParsons

Reaction score
If you're coming from either a tbolt or a bionic your going to be real happy with either. I would balance the additional features of the s4 with the additional cost, and determine if you will use any of the upgrades.
Personally I love my s3, but I use it for the same things I used my tbolt and bionic for. I just do it on a bigger screen, faster, and I don't worry about battery life anymore.
That being said, if I were in the store deciding between the two I'd probably go with the s4 just because it's the latest and greatest, and I'd probably feel that I got second best if I got the s3.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Good points everyone. I'm still on an unlimited data plan so i have to ask myself how much do i want to spend. I can get the s3 now at a good price plus maintain my plan. Sounds like any phone i get is an immediate upgrade from what i have now

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If cost is a big factor, then the S3 is still an AMAZING deal. I also don't notice a huge difference between the two, performance wise or screen wise. I'm a pretty heavy user, fancy third party launcher, lots of music and Kindle, lots of various app use, TONS of widgets throughout my screens and occasional games. The phone runs flawlessly.

BUT, technically the S4 does have better hardware and software the S3 doesn't. So if you're willing to spend that extra $150, you wouldn't lose wither way. Hold each one in your hand, the S4 screen is slightly larger, see what feels more natural. That always plays a huge part in my decisions. Main reason I got the S3 over the Razr Maxx.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
If cost is a big factor, then the S3 is still an AMAZING deal. I also don't notice a huge difference between the two, performance wise or screen wise. I'm a pretty heavy user, fancy third party launcher, lots of music and Kindle, lots of various app use, TONS of widgets throughout my screens and occasional games. The phone runs flawlessly.

BUT, technically the S4 does have better hardware and software the S3 doesn't. So if you're willing to spend that extra $150, you wouldn't lose wither way. Hold each one in your hand, the S4 screen is slightly larger, see what feels more natural. That always plays a huge part in my decisions. Main reason I got the S3 over the Razr Maxx.

Thanks i will try both out. Of course i would like the best phone available. Just don't won't minor changes