Running netflix on droid 2

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the netflix app to run on their droid 2? I'm running fission 2.6.1 and can't really figure how to get it to run. I know it works on zombiestomped using the gingerbread leak, which I was running before, but didn't like some thing on that rom so I came back to fission. It'd be. Nice to have netflix on here.

OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Just installed the 3rd netflix client and had no luck. I had found something about going into the build.prop file and changing a couple lines that supposedly would fool the app into thinking its a different phone but no luck :( any other ideas?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I posted two links. Did you try the other one? I'm using client 2 and it works fine (im on a d2)

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I already had the mediaclient-2 version installed. I downloaded the mediaclient-3 version and that didn't work. I found an devicecheck disabled version on the xda forums that I'm gonna try right now. Hopefully it works :l

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The devicecheck disabled one worked for a while until netflix updated the app. Now I use the mediaclient 2

OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Yea the devicecheck didn't work. What are you running right now? Phone/rom/etc

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Yea I'm not running a GB rom unforttunately. I was on GB leak with zombestomped and netflix was working fine, I just wasn't happy with functionality so I went back to Fission. Trying to see if I can get netflix to run on this rom but I have a feeling I won't be able to :(

Sent via Tapatalk from my Droid 2 running Fission 2.6.1 with Blackout theme

OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Anyone using CM7 and running netflix? Mine was working until today. Says my device was disconnect from my account.

Edit: nevermind got it fixed
sent from my DROID2 running CM7