Running Netflix on Droid 2 with Gingerbread?

s10rodder

Reaction score
Guys, I'm new to android stuff, and not very computer savvy... Can someone walk me through something here? I have heard that you can now run netflix on a droid 2 if you have gingerbread. First off, I have no clue what gingerbread is...and no clue what it does to your phone or how to get it... Also, if this is something that really does work, and would be possible for me to do, can someone let me know how?? Really appreciate any help on this.

newk8600

Reaction score
The modified .apk without the device check works perfectly on my D2 running Liberty 2.0 (Froyo)

OP
s10rodder

s10rodder

Reaction score
How do I go about getting Liberty 2.0?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to the liberty thread and dl the file. Boot into cw, do a wipe and flash the file. There are countless threads on this. Start searching

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

DC 1127

Reaction score
First you have to root your phone. This might be a little challenging for someone new to android. Id read up on it before doing anything. Personally, I dont think you want to go through the rooting process just to have netflix on your phone.

Liberated Droid 2 GB

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would! Netflix is awesome. For me especially because my phone is my only source for netflix and movies

From my Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0