RUMOR: U.S. Carriers Dragging With Negotiations With Samsung Over Galaxy S2 [D-Life]

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
According to the Korean newspaper Chosun Ilbo, via Droid-Life, it's the wireless carriers' fault that we don't have the SII yet.

The part about CDMA is somewhat fishy because not every carrier is CDMA, but it makes sense that they each want a unique SII model (like the original Galaxy S series). I don't see it happening... the SII has sold quite well in other countries in its current ultra-light/ultra-thin form factor.

Personally, I thought a 3G SII would appeal to carriers because it would lock people into a two-year 3G contract, thus relieving potential stress and congestion on their blossoming 4G infrastructure. The phone's specs are impressive enough that many people (like myself) wouldn't pass it up because it lacked 4G.

Now there are rumors that Samsung is increasing the dual-core's speed to 1.4GHz, up from 1.2GHz, supposedly to compete with the new iPhone rumored to be released in September.

I don't know what to believe. I just want that gosh-darned phone already.

DoctorV

Reaction score
It's going to be odd if it's not 4G. It should sell well regardless because of how cool it looks.

Last edited: