[RUMOR] Samsung to launch Nexus 2 November 8th.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

We've heard it before but it looks like the guys over at Android and Me have gotten some more inside info:

"Google and Samsung will announce the “Nexus Two” at a press conference on November 8th in New York city. The phone will be the first device to ship with stock Gingerbread (Android 2.3) and it will be available soon on multiple carriers."

Those of you on the fence and waiting to snatch up a new device should probably wait to see if this pans out. No word on how "hot" of a device it will be but for those who are on the fence on what to get you may just want to wait a couple weeks.

As far as the carriers that it will be available on, they didn't divulge that info.

If it's available on VZW's network as well will you get it?

Source: Android and Me

anuraj1

Reaction score
So Galaxy S variant users will have a sweet stock ROM to grab when this drops, as well as quick access to Gingerbread and future Android releases?

rcjames

Reaction score
If it does maybe i'll get it but then again i could just wait on Aug and upgrade something better.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stock GingerBread Android 2.3 - that sounds delicious :wink:

creaky

Reaction score
If this is true it would correlate with the previous rumor that Samsung will be the first to launch a phone with Gingerbread.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If true + if on VZW = My new phone

hollowbox

Reaction score
The original nexus one was a big step forward for phones.....when it came out it was the best of what was available as far as specs go. I guess I don't understand why they would just settle for a glorified galaxy s. The new os is cool and I'm psyched to see a stock android choice.....but.......I would be a lot more excited if Google would be pushing the envelope with a dual core monster. A true superphone for the rest of the manufacturers to follow.

creaky

Reaction score
The original nexus one was a big step forward for phones.....when it came out it was the best of what was available as far as specs go. I guess I don't understand why they would just settle for a glorified galaxy s. The new os is cool and I'm psyched to see a stock android choice.....but.......I would be a lot more excited if Google would be pushing the envelope with a dual core monster. A true superphone for the rest of the manufacturers to follow.

I agree 110%.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Maybe they are just happy to settle that they are pioneering the way first with gingerbread.

So, on that other thread in this forum about the Galaxy S2,would this be the same thing? Didn't that phone have monster specs? (all rumors of course)

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Will it have a keyboard... that is the real question. History would indicate probably not. And thus I wait even longer. I bought my Droid 1 on a 1 year contract specifically so I could upgrade after a year to a new monster and sell the Droid to make up the difference. =\ I refuse to give up my keyboard.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I juat went back to the Other Galaxy S2 thread and it appears that was a fake. So, can't wait for Nov 8th now.VERY curious.

SkullOne

Reaction score
This supposed N2 would be a worthy successor to my Droid if the following criteria are met:

1. Completely unlocked
2. Something more beastly than a glorified Galaxy S.
3. On Verizon