[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S IV Already Rumored for MWC in February 2013

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-mwc.jpeg

It may be too early for this, but if we see em' we report em'. Supposedly, according to the KoreaTimes, Samsung is already planning to unveil the Samsung Galaxy S IV at Mobile World Congress in February 2013. Additionally, the scuttlebutt is that they will launch the device, shortly thereafter in March. Additional details suggest that the phone will be packing an enhanced quad-core Exynos, LTE, and a 5-inch display. According to the report, the SGS4 may not have Samsung's newest flexible display tech as they are still working out the bugs. The unnamed official from Samsung also had this to say,

“Samsung wants to keep its one-year product schedule and the Galaxy S4 will be the first to match that strategy. The S4 will see some external changes but retain its popular rectangular shape with rounded corner concept.”

Well... excitement over the SGS3 still hasn't waned yet, but how many of you guys will be due for an upgrade in March of next year?

Source: S3Forums

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the rumors of the Verizon Note 2 having the quad-core Exynos and LTE are correct, Samsung would be foolish not to, at the least, bring in an updated SGSIII with the quad-core processor for Verizon.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm losing room in my pockets every time I hear rumors like these where the screens keep getting larger. I mean I love a large screen as much as the next guy but 5" in my pocket...I just won't have room.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The 4 already?! Man things move at a record pace in the phone world. Makes PC's look like nothin!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I feel like I'm losing room in my pockets every time I hear rumors like these where the screens keep getting larger. I mean I love a large screen as much as the next guy but 5" in my pocket...I just won't have room.

You'll be making room with the money you'll be forking out lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

TatDroid

Reaction score
I don't think it will be called the Galaxy S4. I think it will be the S3S. Or maybe the "new S3" .

Last edited:

GotnFX

Reaction score
TatDroid said:
I don't think it will be called the Galaxy S4. I think it will be the S3S.

You mean like the iPhone 4S...lol.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
maybe its just marketing cuz of the iphone.. I actually like that they only released the galaxy's once a year s1 s2 s3... s4 a few months later is too soon but I'm sure it will be wicked fast

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Cargo pants!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think ppl are bringing back the fanny pack...hulk hogan continues the trend

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

52brandon

Reaction score
I've been saying this for a while. I love everything about these phones except the size now. Maybe with the bezel-less designs now, it will still be the size of a GS3 or GNEX but with the big screen

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Word is that they are moving to this release schedule so that they will be releasing each new Galaxy device when the last iPhone is old news. Technically the new iPhone is already old news but people are gobbling it up anyway so I can't blame them for wanting to set a schedule that keeps them from having to bother with it. That said, I do like that most manufacturers will continue to put the goodies in customers' eyes right along side the Apple gear so that people will at least know somewhere in their minds that there are other alternatives available.

Next step: keep carriers and manufacturers from effing up quality handsets with their whack bloatware and lackluster skins. The new S Pen functions on the Note II are great, but they can certainly be built in without too much other Touchwiz mumbo jumbo.