[Rumor] Nexus 6 Smartphone Might be Made by Motorola

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-logo-generic.jpg
google-nexus-logo.jpg

Definitely take this story with a heaping helping of salt, but the Holy Grail of Android smartphones might be upon us. The newest rumor is that Motorola is working on a 5.9-inch smartphone code-named Shamu, and that device will be the Google Nexus 6 smartphone.

According to this intel, Google felt it would never be viable for them to launch a Motorola Nexus device as long as they owned Motorola. This isn't meant to suggest that was the primary (or even secondary) reason they sold Motorola to Lenovo, it simply means that now they can entertain the possibility, and supposedly Motorola is high up on their list for the next Nexus phone.

On top of this information, we also have word that the phone will come with a fingerprint sensor and will likely launch in November.

We should remain skeptical for now, but feel free to do a secret happy dance when nobody is looking.

Source: AndroidPolice

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
How dare you play with my emotions. A Nexus with Moto build quality and radios, Christmas may come early!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
This time of the year just might be my favorite.
Man, these rumors make me all tingly inside!

I've finally decided to leave VZW in September...

Bring. It. On.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Don't toy with me DF. If this happens, I will for sure get one. I'm on the classic Jump program with TMobile so my device only has to be 6 months old. I will be due for one in 3 months. I will 100% upgrade to this!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Awesome.. Too bad vzw won't carry it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I personally thing it is going to be like the nexus 5 where it was like 4.95 (shy from being a 5 inch phone). This may end up being like 5.295 or something....at least I hope so. Moto +nexus+phablet= a dream phone for me but 5.9 is like a dream turned nightmare. Be like dreaming about driving around in your dream car for it to turn into a decepticon and try and kill you or something.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shamu huh... not sure if I believe that part ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go Big or Go Home ..PC

M8 tap'd

I have to be able to fit it in my pocket :).
Hate to have to walk around with a laptop bag all the time just to carry my phone.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yeah, I'm with @pc747 on that one. A 6 inch phone just isn't practical. This 5.5 LG G3 I have is pushing it already.