[Rumor] MOTOPAD first to launch with Honeycomb and one other sweet bit of rumor.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Motorola MOTOPAD to Be First Android 3.0 Tablet

Motorola MOTOPAD to Be First Android 3.0 Tablet

November 15th, 2010

Atweet by Mobile-Review’s Eldar Murtazin has been floating around this morning in regards to the upcoming Motorola tablet. The statement in questions is that the tablet — which here is referred to as the MOTOPAD — will be the first Android 3.0 tablet. We will assume by 3.0 he means Honeycomb, as we learned a lesson with Gingerbread never to assume version number of the next OS update. Anyway, apparently Eldar is a pretty respected insider, which is why this tweet is being given so much weight.
motopad-tweet.jpg
While I’m pretty sure we have seen reports in the past that already hinted at an exclusive deal with Moto to launch Honeycomb much in the same way they did Android 2.0 (and how Samsung has been given priority with Android 2.3), after BGR picked up the story it seemed worth mentioning. BeeTeeDubs, I doubt this thing ends up being called the MOTOPAD.
[via BGR]

Seperate Article: Android 3.0 To Debut With Motorola's iPad-Killer

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still on the side that believe 3.0 is GB. The X already has ver 2.3.2, which would make GB being 2.3 complete nonsense. Why would they revert to a later build number for a new release?

anyway.... wonder when they're shooting for release.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm still on the side that believe 3.0 is GB. The X already has ver 2.3.2, which would make GB being 2.3 complete nonsense. Why would they revert to a later build number for a new release?

Since no specs are mentioned, maybe this is the 2.0 'device' moto promised by xmas.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Since no specs are mentioned, maybe this is the 2.0 'device' moto promised by xmas.
Either way, it's nice to see more news on tablets... dancedroid

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think gb is going to be 2.3 but who knows. Hopefully Honeycomb will have a lot of changes. I might consider getting one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

the 2.3.2 697 you are seeing on the X is the BUILD number, not the OS number. They are two completely different things. If you check to see the info in ABOUT PHONE, you will see what I am talking about.

Sent from my DROID2

TWong1200

Reaction score
Bah! Who cares. It'll likely have a locked bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

the 2.3.2 697 you are seeing on the X is the BUILD number, not the OS number. They are two completely different things. If you check to see the info in ABOUT PHONE, you will see what I am talking about.

Sent from my DROID2
True, my mistake, but I don't have an X so it might be difficult to check :)
Bah! Who cares. It'll likely have a locked bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
+1 to this... better be stellar out of the box since It'll probably be locked tighter than Fort Knox.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
20142d1289858188-rumor-motopad-first-launch-honeycomb-one-other-sweet-bit-rumor-honeycomb-android-illustration.jpg

These new details come from Mobile-Review which is run by Russian blogger Eldar Murtazin who is a VERY reliable source. He is the gentleman who confirmed the Samsung dual-core phone. His Tweet reads:

Google choose (sic) MOTOPAD as a first device to show Android 3.0 - 7 inch version

Motorola has been working on their Android tablet for over a year now and as you see Mobile-Review claims the tablet will be called the MOTOPAD, but not many details are provided beyond that. We've heard it called the Everest and most recently the Sting Ray. What it will be called when it's released is anybody's guess.

Lastly, I have some more juicy, or should I say SWEET rumor, for those waiting on the Terminator/T2/Etna/Olympus. You know the Moto "superphone" a lot of you are waiting on? Well 2 sources (not mine) have hinted that it will be packing the same punch as the MOTOPAD. What does that mean to us? Well if the MOTOPAD is packing some serious hardware, which it should, you will own one of the most powerful Android devices to date.

Android and Me expects Motorola to announce their Android tablet at CES in Las Vegas. The big press event is scheduled for Wednesday, January 5th. Don't be surprised if they also reveal the the Etna/Olympus/ Terminator as well.

2011 can't come quick enough.

Source : Androidandme

Attachments

• honeycomb-android-illustration.jpg
    honeycomb-android-illustration.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,535

Dan_08

Reaction score
I'm glad the news came out with a reliable source....I was tempted to buy the iPad for Christmas.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
merged.....totally missed original article. two for one!! : )

sb1831

Reaction score
If this is true I'm definitely going to pass on both. New OS, new hardware, new technology implementation. Way too many things going on at once for my liking. I love my toys but I like quality and well functioning devices.