[Rumor] MOTOPAD first to launch with Honeycomb and one other sweet bit of rumor.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
How do you know it won't be well functioning and of good quality? It's quite possible that they'll get it right the first time. Look at the Droid. It was the first 2.0 device and one of motorolas first high end phones and it was great.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hate to be a realist, but we haven't gotten GB yet and now the Honeycomb rumors are starting? :(

Jan 5th should be an interesting day however...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
From what I understand they were working on both at the same time. They had two different teams. Gb is for phones and Honeycomb is for tablets so they're probably going to be able to come out with honeycomb at the beginning of next year. The honeycomb motorola tablet is already being tested by a guy over at Howardforums.

sb1831

Reaction score
How do you know it won't be well functioning and of good quality? It's quite possible that they'll get it right the first time. Look at the Droid. It was the first 2.0 device and one of motorolas first high end phones and it was great.

There is potential for it to be a good phone. However I think there is greater potential for it to have even more issues than the original Droid. New processors, radios, displays, programming even because of the Tegra2's structure. I'll hope they don't screw it up, but I also won't expect much.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what I understand they were working on both at the same time. They had two different teams. Gb is for phones and Honeycomb is for tablets so they're probably going to be able to come out with honeycomb at the beginning of next year. The honeycomb motorola tablet is already being tested by a guy over at Howardforums.
ah, makes sense. somehow I wasn't aware of this :)

droidman101

Reaction score
hate to be a realist, but we haven't gotten GB yet and now the Honeycomb rumors are starting? :(

Jan 5th should be an interesting day however...

imo, gingerbread is ui tweaks, honeycomb is tweaks for tabs.
not really big difference other than changing pngs and xmls around in framework and other apps

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Droidman Honeycomb is supposedly going to be pretty impressive. CEO of Nvidia made it sound like it was going to be a major overhaul.

Sent from my Droid

wnrussell

Reaction score
As per rumors, following are the specs for the Motorola Android 3.0 Honeycomb Tablet

32GB internal storage
NVIDIA Tegra 2 T20 dual-core processor
Gyroscope
1280 x 800 resolution display
5MP camera on the back, 2MP on the front.
microSD up to 32GB
1.0 GHz Processor
512 MB RAM
10 inch multi-touch screen
WiFi
Bluetooth
Android 3.0 Honeycomb Operating System
3G and LTE only.

mototab2.jpg
mototab3.jpg