[Rumor] Google Music Will Stream 20,000 Songs For Free; Launching at I/O Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-music-cloud.jpg

This is not official, but supposedly Google will launch its Google Music service today at Google I/O, and with some features that trump Amazon's Cloud Music, and some that don't. One of the best features that was "leaked" is that Google Music will be able to upload, store and stream 20,000 of your own songs for free, as opposed to Amazon's service handling only 1,200 songs. The one thing that Google's Music Service won't have that Amazon's does, is the ability to sell songs directly to customers. The service is expected to be rolled out to users within weeks of the announcement later today at Google I/O.

Source: Android.net via Engadget

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Big Meh. Another music service. Does Google have to do everything just because it can? Don't get me wrong, I like Google, but...

Anathema

Reaction score
Big Meh. Another music service. Does Google have to do everything just because it can? Don't get me wrong, I like Google, but...

This is different then just another music service.

Cloud storage and Cloud servers are taking over, and are genius IMO. Once they get some of the kinks worked out, this could get pretty massive.