[ANNOUNCED] Google Play Music 'All Access' Rolling Out Today

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
googleplaymusic.png

Google has announced their new music streaming service today at Google I/O. The music service will come as part of Google Play Music, and gets a subscription tag called 'All Access.' Some of the great features you get with All Access:

• Immediate and instant access to millions of tracks and Albums
  • Recommended Playlists
  • Featured lists and genre's
  • Can be accessed via Browser, PC, Tablet, and Smartphone
  • Turn your listening/artist preference into your own 'radio station'
  • Ability to skip, move and delete tracks from your 'radio station'
The service is launching today in the US with a FREE 30-day trial. Following the trial, the service will cost just $9.99 per month, but if you try out the service before June 30th, Google will give you full access for only $7.99/month.

Last edited by a moderator:

papapena25

Reaction score
If you are with verizon, there is no point and no reason to use this. I pay the same amount for Rhapsody and I can download the songs to my phone for offline use.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to mention Rhapsody as well, since this sounds very familiar. I was an avid Rhapsody user some 7, 8 years back, but for some reason I stopped caring about the service.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The difference is that Google has worked out licensing deals with Universal and Sony (as well as the other music companies) which will offer more music than any of the competition available at the moment.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are with verizon, there is no point and no reason to use this. I pay the same amount for Rhapsody and I can download the songs to my phone for offline use.
You can also download to your phone or computer for offline use with Google Play Music.

hradek422

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not even going to lie, I got the trial.... and I'll most definitely be continuing my subscription after my 30 day trial. This is absolutely fantastic. Pandora never had playlists as good as what Play Music just created for me. I cancelled my Pandora One subscription. This is well worth the $8.00 to me.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not even going to lie, I got the trial.... and I'll most definitely be continuing my subscription after my 30 day trial. This is absolutely fantastic. Pandora never had playlists as good as what Play Music just created for me. I cancelled my Pandora One subscription. This is well worth the $8.00 to me.

Debating if I should try it, how is the music selection. At the moment I only have my own music loaded in Google play music.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

hradek422

Reaction score
Debating if I should try it, how is the music selection. At the moment I only have my own music loaded in Google play music.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It is fantastic. The stations it creates are far superior to anything Pandora One has ever created for me. The fact that you can see the music queue, skip to whatever track you want, and play whatever you want as many times in a row as you want..... It's great. I even created a Pentatonix station and it pulled soundtracks from the sing off. It's worth at least the 30 day trial. If you hate it, cancel.