[Rumor] Bionic Soak Test for Unkown Update Starting Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-bionic-4g-full.jpg

One of our sources tipped us off that Motorola is going to have a "soak test" very soon for the Droid Bionic. Our source further elaborated that this particular test is not a beta, but is actually for the RC of whatever "project" they are working on for the Bionic. More than likely the "soak test" is simply for an update. But, could it be possible these testers are lucky enough to be testing ICS on the Bionic? We shall have to wait and see...

Thanks to our anonymous tipster!

Last edited:

scdown

Reaction score
is there anyway to "op-in" "soak testing"

It's all opt-in. You sign up for forums at http://supportforums.motorola.com, and one of the sticky links at the top of the Bionic discussions page is to sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network.

Once you've done so, you're on the list for future updates/tests/projects at Moto's discretion. I don't know if everyone who signs up is included, or if it's cherry-picked, or randomly allocated. In being included, you agree to provide feedback, and effectively to non-disclose.

It's certainly worth signing up if you haven't...

Note, I'm not saying anything about the truth of the rumor - this is just the publicly available information about getting into the update test process

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I signed up today. I doubt I'll get this though since I'm sure they've already picked who's getting it. BUT maybe future ones.

americanz

Reaction score
well i got the email yesterday to register fpr the soak. ics would be awesone!!

chrom3

Reaction score
How is it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I'd sign up but I'm rooted and running 5.7.593.

Not sure if MFN is a good idea for me; since technically, I'm breaking or bending Big Red's rules?