[Breaking] Full OTA File of Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Update for VZW's Moto X

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-motox-soak-test-update-ota-file.png

We have a pretty cool "just now breaking" exclusive file download for you guys this afternoon. Our sources managed to get hold of the full OTA update file for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test for the Verizon Moto X. We are sharing this file with all of the usual disclaimers... If you choose to try it out on your device, you do so at your own risk, and we will not be held accountable. We are simply sharing the file for our members to experiment with if they so desire.

Of course, many of our veteran members will not be worried by this, so feel free to give it a go if you want. To be clear, this is the same soak test update we shared in our previous story, here.

One more thing... the .zip file weighs in at 163.3 MBs, just in case you wanted to know that. ;)

Here's the download link if you want to at least check it out: Android 4.4.2 Soak Test OTA Update for VZW's Moto X

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit regarding this OTA:

"you can do the ota without ota root keeper, etc, and not lose root."

jspradling7

Reaction score
My update just started. Think I'll go watch Samsung while it installs.

rza49311

Reaction score
I manually installed it on 2/21 and it went fine. Fixed my Exchange 2003 sync problems but I have seen zero change in battery life.