RubiX Focused 1.0 Camera assistance request

shaneaus

Reaction score
I installed Rubix Focused 1.0. Everything works great - except the camera. I don't have one.

I used Root Explorer to copy/paste the BlurCamera.apk into System/Apps and it won't install (states that there is a parse error). I attempted to use Root Explorer to install the Camera.apk and received a "not installed" error.

I searched the thread and found the Rom Manager options to go into Drod2169's downloads and used the Change Options to "switch" camera's both ways - didn't work.

I really don't want to have to do a complete wipe/re-install just to get the camera/camcorder functions working.

Can anyone provide any advice? Oh, also, I can't go into Settings/Applications/Camera and wipe the cache - because the Camera doesn't show up there or in the app drawer.

Really need the camcorder!

cpjr

Reaction score
I would reinstall the ROM cause you should have a camera.

PS- You cant install a Blur app onto the ROM because there is no blur framework to support it.

OP
S

shaneaus

Reaction score
It is looking like ll have to re-install. The camera.apk is there. It just doesn't appear to be installed, doesn't show up in the applications anywhere except the system/app file.

On the ROM thread I had thought I read that one could install the DX camera/camcorder.

I use Vignette. What I REALLY need is the camcorder!

Maybe, Vignette it interfering somehow in the camera.apk install? Never heard of that happening before though - so, doubtful.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok, so. I just reflashed the ROM and all is well. Don't know what happened! LOL!

This appears to have been some sort of freak incident. EVERYTHING else with the ROM ran great.

This issue is solved and the mod's can close this thread. Thanks!

Last edited: