Rubrix focused 1.9.5 vs. Liberty 1.0

brkshr

Reaction score
Rubix focused 1.9.5 vs. Liberty 1.0

I have used rubix focused since 1.0 and have tried many others. I always returned to rubix. Liberty is making me not want to take the time to flash back to rubix though.
Rubix has always been extremely stable on my DX and is very fast.
Liberty seems like it's generally faster than rubix and I like that there are some tweaks easilly available/changeable. (I'm not really into full on CM type customizing, I like to stay around aosp) But... It definitely seems to me like Liberty is eating my battery quicker.
Rubix would leave me at 1/2 full battery after 7 hours and about 4 hours of that was display time, so it was heavy use. Liberty left me a little under 1/2 full battery after 7 hours and about 2 hours display time, so it was much lighter use.

Liberty seems about as stable as rubix, a little faster, but worse on battery life.
Rubix has always been very stable, is fast, and has excellent battery life.
I will most likely go back to Rubix, but I will definitely keep an eye on Liberty. Just wanted to share my experience with these roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chefb

Reaction score
See! Nobody cares....well until I said this ............

...........lol:icon_ banana:

teh_g

Reaction score
See! Nobody cares....well until I said this ............

...........lol:icon_ banana:
That was an extremely constructive post...

Anyway. I agree. I think that the performance between the two is similar, with a slight edge to Liberty. rubiX definitely has better battery life. It isn't a huge deal, the Liberty battery life is still longer than stock and many other ROMs I have tried. I would switch back to rubiX for the battery life, but the toolbox for the Liberty ROM is AMAZING. It is what is keeping me on Liberty to be honest. I will keep my eyes on both.

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I still prefer liberty over anything else. One rom that jas me curious though is the newest version of TranQ. Has anybody tried it? Comimg from P3Droid & Team Blackhat, Id imagine it has to be pretty slick.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Fate0n3

Reaction score
I am on the new Tranq, it is a super fast rom very stable. Battery life is better if not equal Rubix. I started off on Rubix and switched and Have never looked back. P3 has already released one update and has another one in the works for 3.7.0. On the other hand I have been interested in Liberty also recently. I think I might give it a try and see how well it runs. I love the theme and look of it and I like how they did a toolbox like Tranq has with a lot of options that other then Tranq didn't exist in another rom. Plus the Liberty Bird looks great lol

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Both ROM's are great. The only real difference between the two is the Liberty Tool Box with all of Jrummys custom scripts. Its really well put together. As for speed/performance, both are about the same, same with battery life also.

OP
brkshr

brkshr

Reaction score
I went back to rubix from liberty, full wipe data/cache, and i still have the liberty bell boot logo. Not complaining... I like it better than stock moto logo :).

djstnick

Reaction score
I'm afraid to make the leap with Focused 1.9.7 right around the corner...

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Neither...DarkSlide 4.2 is king...but if I must choose its rubix

mcp770

Reaction score
Rubix for me. Been on 197 since release day without a single hiccup. The built in oc app works great. I have extended battery and lets just say well over 24 hours is achievable with moderate use. I miss the ease of a toolbox but terminal scripts are here and easy to run. All in all a better rom "for me" at least on this phone.

I have a clear favorite in Rubix but this is really a matter of which rom runs best on your phone with the features that please you the most. It is really pointless to have threads like this as all devs giving us these roms for free should be appreciated for their individual works. Diversity is the point and with nandroid backups taking 5 minutes to make try them all. Stick with your individual winner.

Last edited:

kiwiruss

Reaction score
I was on rubix 1.9.5 and then went to Liberty 1.0 which I preferred. Ive jumped back to rubix 1.9.7 which is amazingly fast. 1525 quadrant score !
I do like the look of liberty themed a bit more though so am looking forward to the nex liberty release.

ZombieSixShot

Reaction score
been on rubix for a long while, but switched to liberty little over a week ago. love it, dont think im going back, really diggin the yellow as well.

mcp770

Reaction score
Drod always seemed to go the extra mile supporting Rubix and its community. The devs of Liberty do a great job on the liberty rom but I didn't feel the same way really. I'm sticking with Rubix both out of brand loyalty and the fact that it smokes benchmarks and battery life.