RSDLite 4.6-Backup How long should this take?

CajunDroid

Reaction score
Downloading RSDLite4.6/SPR Recovery , It has been processing for about 30 minutes now. Does this seem right? Thanks in advance for your help

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Nope...maybe 30 seconds to a minute at most...

You did boot the phone to the bootloader screen right?
(hold UP on the d-pad and while holding that press the power button to turn the phone on).

OP
CajunDroid

CajunDroid

Reaction score
Yes, i did that. The problem i am actually having is when i completed the steps and go into Flash Clockworkmod recovery I am getting a message. An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands. ??? So i started over and same thing. Not sure what to do now to finish Rooting my phone.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Flashing the SPRecovery.sbf file does not give you root access so you won't be able to flash clockworkmod recovery.

You have to either run the update.zip that gives root access or "restore" a sprecovery nandroid backup of a rooted ROM.

OP
CajunDroid

CajunDroid

Reaction score
I did the update.zip installation on the card. it said root complete. Do i need to run it from the phone now? If so how do i do this. Thanks for your help

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Nope...you are done. Now when you try to do things that require root it should pop up and ask you to "allow" or "deny" that access.

OP
CajunDroid

CajunDroid

Reaction score
It does not pop up and ask any of that. Just gives me an error message. i have the superusers app on my phone as well but it is blank, Nothing asks me to access.